Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Script for creating a directory & move the .tif files in it. Post 302632669 by paragnehete on Monday 30th of April 2012 01:49:12 PM
Old 04-30-2012
It should unconditionally moves 50+ files & then finish the current prefix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sample script to archive & move previous day syslog files

hi all. Please help me with archiving previous day syslog files. the files have no extension and have the format YYYY-MM-DD. I want to archive the file then move it to some other machine. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script That Can navigate to 3 differents directory & remove files under them

Hi I am Trying to Write a script that can goto 4 different directorys on the server & remove the Files older then 30 days ?? /logs logs1 logs2 logs3 Now I need to remove files under logs1 logs2 logs3 which are older then 30 days whose name stat 'sit' , 'mig','bld' . in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files to a directory according to date

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameter: $date1 based on the date i need to select three files starting with audit.log* based on its modified date, a date before, a date after(if its exists). We need to compare the input date to modified date of the file. And then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashrocks
3 Replies

5. Linux

Create folder by script & move files in it

Hi Team, I have over 1 lakh pdf files. I want to create folders like Disk-1, Disk-2 ..... & want to move 3000 pdfs per folder. Can i do it by script? Please help me. Thanks & Regards Parag Nehete (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a character in files in a Directory & remove it

Hi All, Am new to both Unix & this Forum - Need some help on a script that I am trying to write: In a Directory i have few text files which might or might not contain some text that I am trying to find. Once that text is found in any of the files, it needs to be removed from the file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Directory & Contents Between Two Machines

Hi All, I have a large amount of files that I need to copy from one server to another server using SFTP. Can comeone please help me with the command I would use here? Here is what I am thinking, but being new at this I know this is probably wrong: Login to the destination host using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need BASH Script Help to Move Files While Creating Directories

I've got this script to loop through all folders and move files that are more than 2 years old. I'm using the install command because it creates the necessary directories on the destination path and then I remove the source. I'd like to change the script to use the mv command since it is much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: consultant
4 Replies
tiffsplit(1)							   User Commands						      tiffsplit(1)

NAME
tiffsplit - split a multi-image TIFF into single-image TIFF files SYNOPSIS
tiffsplit src.tif [prefix] DESCRIPTION
tiffsplit splits a multi-directory (page) TIFF file to create one or more single-directory (page) TIFF files. The output filenames are cre- ated by concatenating a prefix, a lexically ordered suffix in the range [aa-zz], and the suffix .tif. For example, xaa.tif, xab.tif, ..., xzz.tif. If a prefix is not specified on the command line, the default prefix x is used. OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: src.tif The name of the input file. prefix The prefix used to create the output filenames. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Only a select set of "known tags" is copied when splitting. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 tiffsplit(1)