Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode Post 302631633 by NPIGuy on Friday 27th of April 2012 02:55:05 PM
Old 04-27-2012
SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode

I am very new to SCO Unix so I apologize if this is a easy or dumb question.

I have a 160GB SATA hard drive and SATA CD-ROM drive connected to one of my systems. I have both the drives running in compatibility mode. I also have the hard drive set as a primary master and the CD-ROM drive set as Secondary Master.

I am currently trying to install SCO Unix 5.0.6. I have downloaded the WD bootloader for 5.0.6 and have done the

Boot: defbootstr link="wd506"

It replaces the default WD driver on the CD. When I enter the installation, I get the

Error 22: While getting fs type

I on the HDD I have 5.0.7 installed just to familiar myself with sco unix until I was able to get a copy of 5.0.6(thanks JGT). I noticed that while 5.0.7 boots up on the %adapter display it shows,

%adapter ha=0 type=usb_msto UDI SCSI HBA (on 5.0.7)

while the bootup for 5.0.6 for the installation comes up, I don't have any of those displaying.

I have also noticed that in 5.0.7 it says that my "root hard drive" is connected to the ST506 controller.

Because I believe that the 5.0.6 boot up isn't configured properly, it is getting the "Error 22" problem I mentioned earlier.

So my question is, is there a defbootstr to configure which IDE controller it uses on the install?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 application compatibility w/ Linux?

Hello Valued Members, I was wondering if there are any Linux, BSD, versions that can run SCO 5.0.6 applications without much modification? I was looking into purchasing a copy of Caldera Openlinux, the last version, but wanted to ask if there are any other options of a newer variant. I am also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
8 Replies

2. SCO

SATA AHCI Tape on SCO 5.0.7

Dear all, I'm newbie in SCO. I already purchase SCO 5.0.7 and SATA Tape Drive (not SCSI) for IBM server. not a cheap investment :( my problem is: I can't use my sata tape on sco 5.0.7 for backup my data because sco can't detect any sata tape has been plug into o/s. i already running "mkdev... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asumatezuka
7 Replies

3. SCO

SATA Hard Disk support by SCO OpenServer 5.05

Is SATA hard disk is suooprted by SCO OpenServer 5.05? If No, how to couter this problem. If yes, please provide the installation steps. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix binary compatibility problem

Hi I am looking for sco xenix binary compatibility utility "cvtomf",(convert omf object to COFF object) Would you please help me ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco unix backward compatibility on "max open file per process"

Hi How to increase maximum number of open file in "sco xenix binary" running in "sco unix openserver 5.0.7" ? I have changed "NOFILES" kernel parameter to 512, but xenix binray can't open more than 60. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

6. AIX

Processor Compatibility Mode

Hi, IBM documentation says the CPU Compatibility Mopde can be changed from th HMC in LPAR properties, but i have no option to change it there, it is only displayed. Anyone? Regards, firefox111 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
6 Replies

7. AIX

Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello, One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources. The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fapl
3 Replies

8. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sco openserver 6 on hd sata: cloning

Good evening, I should make a full image copy of the 1 terabyte hard drive on an HP WX4600 workstation and is present as the only Sco OpenServer 6 operating system, which I need to run a very old corporate accounting program. Logically, Sco OpenServer 6 on this workstation has been regularly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIGHTPRINCE79
7 Replies
sata(7D)							      Devices								  sata(7D)

NAME
sata - Solaris SATA framework DESCRIPTION
Serial ATA is an interconnect technology designed to replace parallel ATA technology. It is used to connect hard drives, optical drives, removable magnetic media devices and other peripherals to the host system. For complete information on Serial ATA technology, visit the Serial ATA web site at http://www.serialata.org. Up to 32 SATA devices may be plugged directly to each SATA HBA supported by the Solaris SATA framework. The actual number of pluggable devices my be lower, and is limited by a number of device ports on the SATA HBA. The maximum data rate is either 1.5Gb/sec. or 3.0Gb/sec., depending on the capability of a SATA device and SATA HBA controller. The Solaris SATA framework adheres to the Serial ATA 1.0a specification and supports SATA-2 signaling speed 3.0Gb/sec. SATA devices that are connected to SATA HBAs controlled by a SATA framework-compliant HBA driver are treated by the system as SCSI devices. The Solaris SCSI disk driver (sd(7D)) is attached as a target driver for each device node created by the SATA framework. You can use the cfgadm(1M) utility to manage hot plugged and unplugged SATA devices. FILES
/kernel/misc/sata 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/misc/amd64/sata 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWckr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm(1M), prtconf(1M), cfgadm_sata(1M), attributes(5), ahci(7D), marvell88sx(7D), nv_sata(7D), sd(7D), si3124(7D) Serial ATA 1.0a Specification -- Serial ATA International Organization. Serial ATA II (Extension to Serial ATA 1.0.a.) -- Serial ATA International Organization. http://www.sun.com/io DIAGNOSTICS
The messages described below may appear on the system console as well as being logged. All messages are presented in one of the following formats and are followed by the diagnostic message: sata: WARNING: <controller/devices/.. path>: or: sata: NOTICE: <controller/devices/.. path>: ...where <controller/devices/.. path> identifies a specific SATA HBA issuing a diagnostic message shown below. SATA port X: link lost. Communication (via serial link) between the HBA and the device plugged to the specified SATA device port has been lost. SATA port X: link established. Communication (via serial link) between the HBA and the device plugged to the specified SATA device port has been established. SATA port X: device reset. The device plugged to the specified SATA device port has been reset. The reset may be due to a communication or command error, command timeout, or an explicit request from the host. SATA port X failed. The specified SATA device port failed and is in an unusable state. You can change the port state by deactivating the port and activat- ing it again using cfgadm SATA hardware-specific commands (see cfgadm_sata(1M)). SATA port X error. An error was detected in specified SATA device port operations. SATA device detached at port X. Communication (via serial link) between the HBA and the device plugged to the specified SATA device port has been lost and could not be re-established. The SATA framework assumes that the device is unplugged from the specified SATA device port. SATA device detected at port X. Communication( via serial link) between the HBA and the device plugged to the specified empty SATA device port has been established. The SATA framework assumes that the new device is plugged to the specified SATA device port. SATA disk device at port X. This message is followed by a disk description specifying the disk vendor, serial number, firmware revision number and the disk capa- bilities. SATA CD/DVD (ATAPI) device at port X. This message is followed by a SATA CD/DVD description specifying the DVD vendor, serial number, firmware revision number and the DVD capabilities. SATA device at port X cannot be configured. Application(s) accessing previously attached device have to release it before newly inserted device can be made accessible. The port cannot be configured because there is application using the previous attached device, so the application must release it, then the newly inserted device can be configured. Application(s) accessing previously attached SATA device have to release it before newly inserted device can be made accessible. The target node remained and it belongs to a previously attached device. This happens when the file was open or the node was waiting for resources at the time the associated device was removed. Instruct event daemon to retry the cleanup later. sata: error recovery request for non-attached device at cport X. When error recovery is requested, the device is not yet attached. SATA device at port X will not be power-managed. When property "pm-capable" on the target device node setting fails, the SATA device won't be power-managed. SATA disk device at port X does not support LBA. The disk device plugged into specified SATA device port does not support LBA addressing and cannot be used. Cannot identify SATA device at port X - device will not be attached. IDENTIFY (PACKET) DEVICE data cannot be retrieved successfully after the device is attached to the SATA port. sata: <HBA driver name><instance number>:hba attached failed. The SATA HBA instance attach operation failed. This HBA instance cannot be configured and is not available. sata: invalid ATAPI cdb length<command cdb length>. The length of the command cdb is greater than that the device can support. sata: invalid sata_hba_tran version X for driver <HBA driver name>. The specified SATA HBA driver and the SATA framework are incompatible. The driver cannot attach and SATA HBAs controlled by this driver (and devices plugged to this SATA HBA ports) are not available. sata_hba_attach: cannot create SATA attachment point for port X. The specified SATA device port cannot be configured in the system and a device plugged to this port could not be not be configured and used. sata_create_target_node: cannot create target node for device at port X. The device target node for the device plugged to the specified SATA device port could not be created. As a result, the device cannot be configured and used. SunOS 5.11 5 Sep 2007 sata(7D)