Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter output as an array element Post 302631453 by paslas on Friday 27th of April 2012 10:42:40 AM
Old 04-27-2012
wow that did the trick. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP unsetting array element in loop

I have a loop and I need to be able to unset the array element that I am currently accessing in it. I was thinking of making a counter that increments with the loop and doing unset $dirs but if I do that I am not sure if the other members of the array would get shifted down in index (meaning that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msf5042
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign an array element to a variable

Hi every one.. I'm new to shell scripting... I would like to assign a single array element to a variable... Is it possible to do it.... Could any body help me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik_87
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

previous element in the array perl

Hi, How to get previous/next element in the array perl Example @queue = (1, 2 ,3 , 4); I want to get value of 1 and 2, or, 2 and 3, or 3 and 4...etc and compare to value which one is greater to do that I need to get previous and next element of array ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert an array element within regex?

Hello to all, I'm trying to separate the string "str" using a regex within match function. The substrings that I want to separate, begin with 22, 23, 24 or 25 and followed by 12 or 14 characters. And I want to replace 22 with MJS, 23 with UYT, 24 with WER and 25 with PIL. For this string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
fish(1)                                                                fish                                                                fish(1)

NAME
fish - fish - the friendly interactive shell fish - the friendly interactive shell Synopsis fish [-h] [-v] [-c command] [FILE [ARGUMENTS...]] Description A commandline shell written mainly with interactive use in mind. The full manual is available in html by using the help command from inside fish. o -c or --command=COMMANDS evaluate the specified commands instead of reading from the commandline o -d or --debug-level=DEBUG_LEVEL specify the verbosity level of fish. A higher number means higher verbosity. The default level is 1. o -h or --help display help and exit o -i or --interactive specify that fish is to run in interactive mode o -l or --login specify that fish is to run as a login shell o -n or --no-execute do not execute any commands, only perform syntax checking o -p or --profile=PROFILE_FILE when fish exits, output timing information on all executed commands to the specified file o -v or --version display version and exit The fish exit status is generally the exit status of the last foreground command. If fish is exiting because of a parse error, the exit status is 127. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 fish(1)