Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable ftp port
Operating Systems HP-UX Enable ftp port Post 302629937 by vbe on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 08:17:32 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Do you have a /var/adm/inetd.sec file? I no, now worries if yes, what is the content?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable FTP on SCO

My goal is to use FTP to transfer file between PC and SCO Unix server.When I try to connect via FTP with root user, it failed. What should I do? How to configure ftpaccess? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vladan
2 Replies

2. Linux

ftp telnet enable

hi , i have jsut installed linux 9.0 , but i can not ftp or telnet to the system . i have installed the ftp and the telnet server during installation . i have also configured the files to enable the ftp and telnet , the ftp and the telnet daemons are running , but when i do ftp : ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 - FTP server -enable

Hi, I have turn off the FTP service and rebooted the server . (edit /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inet/services) Now , how can I enable back the FTP without rebooting the server . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

enable FTP access / check version

how can I check the Linux version? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable Annonymous FTP login.

Hi, I am transferring my report files to another FTP server which the end users are downloading later. But while accessing the FTP server its asking for username and password which i don't want to share to the end users rather i want to make the login as anonymous so that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies
strclean(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - STREAMS error logger cleanup program SYNOPSIS
strclean [-a age] [-d logdir] DESCRIPTION
strclean is used to clean up the STREAMS error logger directory on a regular basis (for example, by using cron. By default, all files with names matching error.* in /var/adm/streams that have not been modified in the last three days are removed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a age The maximum age in days for a log file can be changed using the -a option. -d logdir A directory other than /var/adm/streams can be specified using the -d option. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample of using the strclean command. This example has the same result as running strclean with no arguments: example% strclean -d /var/adm/streams -a 3 FILES
/var/adm/streams/error.* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cron(1M), strerr(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
strclean is typically run from cron on a daily or weekly basis. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 strclean(1M)