Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable ftp port
Operating Systems HP-UX Enable ftp port Post 302629695 by vbe on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 04:13:08 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Very first thing: Is it commented out in /etc/inetd.conf ? (Here uncommented...)
Code:
#       ARPA/Berkeley services
#
##
ftp          stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/ftpd      ftpd -l
telnet       stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd  telnetd
#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable FTP on SCO

My goal is to use FTP to transfer file between PC and SCO Unix server.When I try to connect via FTP with root user, it failed. What should I do? How to configure ftpaccess? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vladan
2 Replies

2. Linux

ftp telnet enable

hi , i have jsut installed linux 9.0 , but i can not ftp or telnet to the system . i have installed the ftp and the telnet server during installation . i have also configured the files to enable the ftp and telnet , the ftp and the telnet daemons are running , but when i do ftp : ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 - FTP server -enable

Hi, I have turn off the FTP service and rebooted the server . (edit /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inet/services) Now , how can I enable back the FTP without rebooting the server . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

enable FTP access / check version

how can I check the Linux version? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable Annonymous FTP login.

Hi, I am transferring my report files to another FTP server which the end users are downloading later. But while accessing the FTP server its asking for username and password which i don't want to share to the end users rather i want to make the login as anonymous so that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X