Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Case Statement
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Case Statement Post 302628419 by methyl on Monday 23rd of April 2012 12:41:47 PM
Old 04-23-2012
Please mention what Shell you are using.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement

Can anyone please tell me why this wont work! Thanks so much! #!/bin/sh for file do case $file in *.*.*) echo Cannot have more than 1 dot exit ;; *'**'*) echo Cannot have more than 1 asterisk exit ;; *'*'*|?.) echo this is a target (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeta_Acosta
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

hi all i'm writing a script and in it i need to prompt the user if the entered value is correct or not ,i wrote the following and its not working ,its executing the script even if i enter Y/N pls any help is appreciated echo "\nAre you sure you entered the right Destination Environment? y :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If or Case Statement

I want to write a program with the following variables: a=7000 b=24000 c=613.8 The user can enter two words: Vivid or Blue for example. The challenge is that the user might not want to write the words the way they appear. The user can write V or v or vivid or Vivid or write Blue or blue, or B,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ernst
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, I think i'm asking a sqtupid question here.. i'm using case sttament, what is the syntax or symbol for "or"? I thought was || here a quick sample of my case statment echo "Would you like to update your detail ?" read response case $response in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with case statement

I am writing a script to pull diskspace information from our servers. Here is the script that I wrote: #!/bin/ksh for host in `cat /oper/hosts/esc.misc` do ssh -q -o ConnectTimeout=10 operator@$host df -h|grep "/dev/" |egrep '8%|9%|100%' | awk '{print H " " "at " $5 " with " $4 "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi, I am writing case statement to execute some finction, my requirement is once one of the case statement is executed again it has to prompt for the option. for script in `echo "$Script_Selected"` do case $script in 1) getNoOFActUsers ;; 2) moveServerrOORotation ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement

Hello, The standard case statement :- case "$1" in "IE0263") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac is it possible to have :- case "$1" in "IE0263" OR "IE0878") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement

Hey, guys I really need some help with a project. "Write a shell program that examines the command line arguments, counts and collects the number of options. Basically it has to collect and count the arguments that start with a "-" and the one's that don't start with a - I know I have to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk192010`
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case statement help

Hi I am new to shell scripting, I wanted to make a shell script that has a case statement asking the user to select their city 1)london 2)tokyo 3) etc., I then want the users input to be stored in a variable and echoed out in another script; so for example if the user selects tokyo, tokyo city code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptnewbie
2 Replies
PPI::Statement::End(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Statement::End(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Statement::End - Content after the __END__ of a module SYNOPSIS
# This is normal content __END__ This is part of an PPI::Statement::End statement =pod This is not part of the ::End statement, it's POD =cut This is another PPI::Statement::End statement INHERITANCE
PPI::Statement::End isa PPI::Statement isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Statement::End" is a utility class designed to serve as a contained for all of the content after the __END__ tag in a file. It doesn't cover the ENTIRE of the __END__ section, and can be interspersed with PPI::Token::Pod tokens. METHODS
"PPI::Statement::End" has no additional methods beyond the default ones provided by PPI::Statement, PPI::Node and PPI::Element. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Statement::End(3pm)