Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem to understand METADEVICE and related commands Post 302628251 by bartus11 on Monday 23rd of April 2012 07:31:24 AM
Old 04-23-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using FTP related commands in nawk utility in shell programming

I am facing problem while accesing FTP related commands in nawk code in bourne shell programming.I can able to connect to remote machine, but i can't able to get files from that machine. Please help me in this.If you send code along with the solution, then it will be usefull for me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrsekhar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How are the following two commands related?

Trying to get through UNIX class that I mostly missed due to illness. If anyone can help me with this question I'd appreciate it. Thank you. How are the following two commands related? 1s -1R /proc ps ax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radhanuja
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory related Unix commands

I am using rsync for my backing up my files, from one box to other box, While doing I am getting following error. arb821/Server/logs/rpcMetrics/ arb821/Server/logs/AribaOrderTransmitterLog.txt write failed on arb821/Server/logs/AribaOrderTransmitterLog.txt : Error 0 rsync error: error in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem related to awk

Hi, can anyone explain me the following command. awk '{y=x "\n" $0; x=$0};END{print y}' file_name Regards Rochit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Questions related to ndd commands

Hello Gurus I would like to know more about ndd commands related to ethernet(NIC) like how to set link_status, link_speed & link_mode as I know how to check these value. And I also would like to know how to make these setting permanents after reboot as I know that these setting will vanish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
5 Replies

6. Programming

and again, socket() related problem...

Dear All, I've searched many topics and googled many web-pages, but still I didn't found solution to this problem. I want to set timeout for connect(). The thing is, that my code works only on BSD, on Linux (tested on SuSE box) it freezes at connect() call :( bool SomeFunc(std::string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sggkxv
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix commands Related to

Hi all, Does unix has any commands for creating BLOB and CLOB objects. Please forward me any sites or samples (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

metadevice problem

hi all i am very new to solaris...i am trying configure raid 0 in my ultrascsi box which is having 6 sun36GB hard disks. I have created 4 state database replicas in the following slices /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s7 /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s7 and /dev/dsk/c1t4d0s7. i could not use any other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
7 Replies

9. Solaris

How to read the man page for commands related to cluster

Hi Experts, In my system cluster is installed and the related files are inside /usr/cluster. I want to use the man page of command which are related to cluster. The man pages related to cluster are inside /usr/cluster/man, however I am not sure how can I read the man page for command ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands related to ftp of files..

Hi, I am new to unix , I was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. , Please guide me what are the various networking commands that unix will help in this ftp process..?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)