Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in formatting output of SQL query in excel sheet in shell script Post 302628103 by Agupte on Monday 23rd of April 2012 02:24:50 AM
Old 04-23-2012
Code:
USERNAME||'	'||EMAIL||'	'||FULL_NAME||'	'||LAST_LOGIN||'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------			
abcdef	abcdef@yahoo.com	abcdef abc	29-SEP-11 03.2
9.35.613000 PM	08-JUL-10 03.43.59.000000 PM                                     		
================================================================

Thanks Guruprasad.. that worked!
now.. about another queries..
I have pasted output of one record as above.
Some fields are nt coming just below to the column Title. I checked column width and set accordingly. still no luck.
Pls temme if you can get anythin on it.
Also, pls let me know if there is syntax to set a col width for date and times. because.. those two fields say about dates and times.

Last edited by Franklin52; 04-23-2012 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update existing excel sheet using shell script

Hi All, I am having an excel sheet with pre-defined format which our business team specified, what i need to do is i have to write a script which need to pick values from database and update specified cells in excel sheet.. can any one please help me in this regard.. I am able to pull the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balanarendra
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter data in Excel sheet using Shell Script

Hi, I have an excel sheet which has 100000 records. All these records are having 3 columns each with the last column as "Y" or "N". I would like to filter those records which has the value "Y". Can you please let me know how to proceed with that? Thanks in advance. -Sri ----------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanusri83
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the query output using shell script

Hi All, I'm finding it difficult to format the query output that was returned in a shell script. Actually i have one shell script which does some DB stuff and depending on the result it will do some more tasks. My question here is to format the query output returned by mysql. Intitally my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql select command output formatting in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to the database and retrieve two variables from the database and store them in a variable,out of these two variables I need to get lastdigit appended to the variable 1 retrieved and variable 2 with out any modification in short select var,data from usage; o/p=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Shell script output to Excel

I am facing a problem formatting the output of my shell script in excel. We are directing the output of the script to an excel sheet and need long integer type data printed in Excel as it is (i.e. not in the default scientific notation). Also, leading zeroes(if any) in the output are getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornali.p
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab to excel sheet with shell script

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh call_sql () { sql=$1 sqlplus -s $sqlparam_sieb <<EOF SET ECHO OFF; SET NEWPAGE NONE; SET SQLBL OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 2000; SET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script appending output of sql query

I am writing the following script to create the file v_out.txt. sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF CONNECT scott/tiger@orcl; whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set newpage 0; SET PAGESIZE 0; SET ECHO OFF; SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 100; set tab off; set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)