Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Virtual machines in vmware requires reset of the vlan Post 302627619 by amwai on Saturday 21st of April 2012 02:43:25 AM
Old 04-21-2012
Virtual machines in vmware requires reset of the vlan

I have virtual machines in the vmware environment that run either windows or linux that loose conncetivity and every time i have to change their vlan to vm network and latter join them to original vlan to gain connectivity.

Advice

Last edited by amwai; 04-21-2012 at 03:59 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backing up virtual machines - opinions/suggestions needed.

Hi, I was required to do a backup of a virtual machine that runs on vmware. The guest operating system is windows, and the host is windows too. I have to backup the whole directory of the virtual machine (say in linux it'll be in /var/lib/vmware/virtual machines/) to a linux server. Initially... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
0 Replies

2. Linux

Routing via several interfaces for hosted virtual machines

My setup consists of a hardware node, which hosts several virtual machines (OpenVZ, to be precise). The hardware node has two network interfaces (<ifA>, <ifB>) connected to different subnets (<networkA>, <networkB>). I want to route the traffic of certain VEs over <ifB> while routing the other VEs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with finding info on pcode-interpreters-virtual machines

I'm trying to research interpreters and I can't find much info on Pcode or how or why it is used. Thanks in advance!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ping between two virtual machines

Hello, I installed two virtual machines ubuntu10 on VM VirtualBox . Please, what are the steps to make a ping from one of these two machines on the other (the configurations )? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
4 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

solaris virtual machine vmware esx

Hi All How would you send a solaris virtual machine in vmware esx, a break signal? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakerock
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
VMMEMCTL(9)							   Open VM Tools						       VMMEMCTL(9)

NAME
vmmemctl - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmmemctl DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel module. It isn't backed by a virtual hardware device, so it must be loaded manually. It has no dependencies, nor do any Tools components depend on it, so it can be loaded at any time during the boot process. Once loaded, no further action is needed. OPTIONS
vmmemctl has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmmemctl and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMMEMCTL(9)