Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Outfile
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Outfile Post 302625663 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 05:24:20 AM
Old 04-18-2012
Because you have two <STDIN>

Code:

print "\nPlease enter a location to save the new alignment to: \n\n";
$outfile = <STDIN>;
open(OFILE, ">", "$outfile");
select (OFILE);
print "The translated protein is :\n$aminoacid\n";
<STDIN>;
exit;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting outfile with (brackets)

I have a file that comes in as 20081002_invoices.txt and needs to go out as invoices(20081002).xls When ran this file should have three seperate fields as follows: column1 column2 column3 data1 data2 data3 when i run the script it produces the invoices(20081002).xls but moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract some parts of a file to create some outfile

Hi All, I am very new in programming. I need some help. I have one input file like: Number of disabled taxa: 9 Loading mapping file: ncbi.map Load mapping: taxId2TaxLevel: 469951 --- Subsample reads (20%): 66680 of 334386 Processing: tree-from-summary Running tree-from-summary... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: iammitra
21 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to outfile contant as an input for a command

I`m having output file which contain following no which changes every time i run script.The number given below are there in file and i have to fatch them from file. 12 15 56 158 365 165 598 568 265 256 258 now i want to use above number from output to input as $j r=`/omp/bin/ICIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print to more than one outfile AWK

I'd like to do an if / else if condition and print to different files. Something like: awk '{ if ($1 == "yes") print $2, $4 < infile > outfile1 ; else if ($1 == "No") print $2, $4 < infile > outfile2 }' Obviously I don't know the syntax. Thanks so much. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
5 Replies

5. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of two data files & writing to an outfile.

Hi Everyone, I have two files i.e. one file2 contains today's data and the other file1 contains Yesterday's data. The data in the files contains 226 columns and the data for the coulums separated by a Pipe "|" delimiter. Now, I have 4 Primary keys (coulumns) by which I have to compare file2 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xls2csv.py won't print to outfile

Hi, I'm trying to use pyExcelerator's module "xls2csv" converter in ubuntu. The following works great, except the standard out is in the terminal. sudo python xls2csv.py test.xls I want the csv delimited output to be redirected to a file. When I enter.... sudo python xls2csv.py test.xls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

INTO OUTFILE Error 2

Good day, I am trying to run the following command but it does not seem to work. # mysql -pPassword asteriskcdrdb -s -b -e "select 'Account ID','Destination','Operator','Provider','Date','BillSec','Rate id','Cost' UNION select accountcode,dst,'PBX',route_name,date_format(calldate,'%Y/%c/%e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: esgaroth32
8 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)