Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setup Local Backup
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Setup Local Backup Post 302624139 by gsiva on Monday 16th of April 2012 12:14:37 AM
Old 04-16-2012
Setup Local Backup

Hi,

I need to setup a local back for the OS partition. Is there by default we can perform the local backup using rsync?.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Local Printer Setup

Hi to all, A real virgin to unix, so sorry for such a basic question. Have a older unix terminal with crashed server. Software resides to terminal. Don't have network printing capabilities. I removed network printer and gone local, but don't know how to redirect the device for local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rogie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local host setup

I am running Redhat 7.2. I am using a router with dhcp setup for my computer. When logging in, I get the error "dhcppc1 not found". My router assigned that host name to my pc for dhcp. It says to modify the /etc/hosts file to keep from having any problems. Everything seems to be working ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

3. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Local Printer Setup - HP DeskJet 610CL

Hello. I am really new to Unix and am trying to set up a local printer on a FreeBSD 6.2 machine. I was able to get some kind of garbage by going lptest > /dev/lpt0, but after I set up the spooler I get nothing but page after page of nothing. I checked the kernel configuration and it had the correct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elliott_1951
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Local Full Backup and Restore ZFS

Hi men, I'm testing for my backup&restore job with ZFS. My server have two disks. I wanna do backup&restore job like ufsdump utility: Disk0 is rpool(root zpool) and disk1 (backup zpool) will be stored full backup replicates. When rpool zpool have problem, i can "boot cdrom -s" and use my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to setup local IPv6 network

Hello everyone, I have question how i can setup local ipv6 network ? Here is my network: I have main ipv6 gw and server X for example that is connected with my main ipv6 gw and all ping6, traceroute6 is working. My local network is connected to one switch and main ipv4 gateway is that server X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gild
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)