Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiplying array element
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiplying array element Post 302624113 by jlliagre on Sunday 15th of April 2012 10:48:17 PM
Old 04-15-2012
Please post a complete script. Without knowing what is in your arrays, it's difficult to figure out the issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Of Array Element in Unix

Hi, I am using the following command to initialize and array # arr=ffffff00 # echo $arr ffffff00 my requirement is i want to fetch the one by one character from array. I don't know how to fetch one by one charcter from array. Please i need an help. Thank you very much Ravi R N (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Programming

how to put element of an array to first position.

hi, I have a array like my $array = ( "apple","ball","cat","dog","elephant"); how to push some element in the array to the first position. for example my final array should be elephant apple ball cat dog (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprasads
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Yet another check element in array Question

Greetings, DISCLAIMER: My shell scripting is rusty so my question may be borderline stupid. You've been warned. I need to create a script that a) lists the content of zip files in a directory and b) sends out an `exception` report. My ZIP files contain a control file (for load check). I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Assigning zero to element of ksh array.

set -A matched #find referenced files. for i in ${file_names_html} do counter_j=0 for j in ${file_names_minus_index} do match=`cat $i | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output as an array element

I am filtering the value of Server status from a file and am storing it in a temp file which I compare later to exit with appropriate status. I am wondering if I can directly output the value of Server status as an array element and then compare the value of elements to get the right exit status ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
ARRAY_POP(3)								 1							      ARRAY_POP(3)

array_pop - Pop the element off the end of array

SYNOPSIS
mixed array_pop (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
array_pop(3) pops and returns the last value of the $array, shortening the $array by one element. Note This function will reset(3) the array pointer of the input array after use. PARAMETERS
o $array - The array to get the value from. RETURN VALUES
Returns the last value of $array. If $array is empty (or is not an array), NULL will be returned. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS This function will produce an error of level E_WARNING when called on a non-array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_pop(3) example <?php $stack = array("orange", "banana", "apple", "raspberry"); $fruit = array_pop($stack); print_r($stack); ?> After this, $stack will have only 3 elements: Array ( [0] => orange [1] => banana [2] => apple ) and raspberry will be assigned to $fruit. SEE ALSO
array_push(3), array_shift(3), array_unshift(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_POP(3)