Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text Convert
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Convert Post 302623725 by kata33 on Saturday 14th of April 2012 11:57:32 AM
Old 04-14-2012
Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I convert unix text to to win text?

How do I convert unix text files into readable text for windows. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to numerical

Hi folks, I am trying to convert one character to a numeric format, for example : " 1" to number 1 :cool: Ups forgot to tell you .. !!! I am trying to do it with kornshell !!! ;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nzq71k
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

4. Programming

convert text file to csv

hi all, i have a select query that gives me the output in the following way... SYSTYPE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Success Failures Total RFT ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- TYP 1 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Convert

Hello, I have a text file(utf8-bom). I want convert to following format. Thank you. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 47829***hull55 65644***hello test6 I want this format. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kata33
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to CSV

Hi Gurus I need urgent help to convert a flat log file into csv format to load into database. Log looks like: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=5 c=6 Only the values at right side of = will come into csv and it should create a new line once it receives "a" field. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandipjee
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Text data to xls?

Hi Team, I have created a script to output DB Query data to a text file. It displays output as follows for 2 different queries appended to same file. I want help to convert this data to xls format so that the output of first query is in 1 tab and the other in second tab. Please help. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to csv

Hi, Is there somebody there to post an idea on how to convert this 5 liner row to 1 liner or tab delimiter to be import to database. Here the text file format: Description: Description1 Link: https://www.google.com Date: June 2, 2018 Time: 00:07:44 Age: 1 days ago Description:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert text to columns

Hi. I need an input file of a single word pr. line converted in into a list of random pairs. i need input like this word1 word2 word3 word4 to be outputted like this: word3 word1 word2 word4 My attempt is a tedious while loop like this: nfiles=$(cat inputfile | wc -l) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BotHead
4 Replies
MKBOM(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  MKBOM(8)

NAME
mkbom -- create a bill-of-materials file SYNOPSIS
mkbom [-s] directory bom mkbom [-s] -i filelist bom mkbom -h | --help DESCRIPTION
The mkbom command creates a bill-of-materials (bom(5)). You must specify either a source as a directory, or a text file containing a file listing as outputted by lsbom(8). mkbom will generate bill-of-materials information based on that information. Any existing bomfile will be overwritten by the new bomfile. Options: -h print full usage -s create a simplified bom containing only file paths -i filelist use the information in filelist, one entry per line, to construct the bom file. The format of the file should match lsbom(8) output with no formatting options (the default). If -s is given to mkbom, the input filelist should contain only pathnames, as with lsbom -s. SEE ALSO
bom(5), ditto(8), mkbom(8) HISTORY
The mkbom command appeared in NeXTSTEP as a tool to create bom files used during installation. Mac OS X September 26, 2006 Mac OS X