Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LINUX Multiple condition in IF Statement - Pls help Post 302619621 by 47shailesh on Thursday 5th of April 2012 08:41:20 PM
Old 04-05-2012
Code:
grep -iqw P_BUS_DATE $COMMON_TMP/DateFile.txt 2>/dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ];then
    BUS_DATE=`grep -i P_BUS_DATE | cut -d  = -f 2`
else
    BUS_DATE= `date "+%Y%m%d"`
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

linux .....pls help

hi...anyone pls hepl... i just wanna know some basics of linux like HOW MYSQL WORKS WITH LINUX, WHAT RELAVANCE OF MYSQL WITH LINUX WHAT IS THR ROLE ON MYSQL IN LINUX..AND ONE HAVING ANY IDEA OF MYSQL RELATED WITH LINUX..PLS ANSWER AND REPLY ON sharmapriyanka75@gmail.com thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Condition If statement

Hi, I would like to create an IF statement where if a variable is equal to at least one of 2 (or more) values then the script proceeds. For example: TEST_VAR=2 if ; then echo success! else echo failure fi I understand that the above syntax is wrong but I feel it must be close. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple condition in if

All, My environment is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. I am using the following condition -- if -0 ] above command is not working. It is telling that -a unexpected. Please help me (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7509
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with condition statement in shell script

Hello forum members. please go through the below mentioned issue and let me know the right solution. I have to write a script which runs another script .the executable script take input parmeters.so iam writing the the script below . Sample Code:Begins #! /bin/ksh echo " enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple if condition

Hi, I wanted to satisfy two requirements to proceed to do a task One of them is to calculate between two metrics and the other to check one of the file not empty if the condition matches the above two, it should proceed with the task below is the snippet of it, however when i run the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition and for loop within sed statement

Hi, I tried to go through a lot of online material but could not find concrete solution. My issues is like this : I've got a input file like this : <a> <startDate>19700101000000</startDate> <endDate>20300101000000</endDate> </a> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two condition in if statement

Hi, I need to put two condition in if statement, but it is not working. Please suggest. if ---------- Post updated at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:55 AM ---------- Also when i put below command in script it is not running, but manually it is running ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD