Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers paste two tables of different sizes and fill blanks with NaN Post 302618901 by Gussifinknottle on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 02:49:02 PM
Old 04-04-2012
Question paste two tables of different sizes and fill blanks with NaN

Hello,

I am pasting two tables of 6x4 and 4x4 together to get a 10x8 output. I want to fill the blank values with a NaN (Not a Number). How can I do this?

Thanks,
Guss

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in file name

I have a file with a list of filenames. I want to work loopwise through the file and operate on each of the listed files. Normally I'd do something like: for file in `cat $mydir/file-list` do echo $file >> $mydir/my.log cp $mydir/$file $newdir done the problem is that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep to check NAN value and nonexistense element in file

Hi, I have a file which computes fields number and some column produced "nan" I would like to convert the "nan" value to 0 basically. q=`echo $i $j |awk '{printf("%f",($2/($1+$2)))}' The above is the command which I use for computation. However, I would like to check if $1 and $2 is 0, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

5. Programming

Blanks vs: Nulls

I'm relatively new to Pro*C programming. In the following example: char name; EXEC SQL SELECT 'John Doe' INTO :name FROM DUAL; "John Doe" is in positions 0-7, blanks in 8-19, and a null in 20. I would really prefer the null to be in position 8 and I don't care what's after that. I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebock
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and paste from two tables

Hello, I want to be able to cut and paste columns from two tables in one command. Presently I do the following: cut -f 1,3-6,9 table1.in > table1.out cut -f 7,6,1-3 table2.in > table2.out paste table1.out -d '\t' table2.out > MergedTable.out Is there a better way to do this? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cacti SNMP Generic OID template, NaN problem

Hello All, I have installed cacti and I have Nan values on created graph. I really appreciate any help. I have done the following: 1. Linux Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64 bits 2. apt-get install cacti // the cacti Version 0.8.7i was installed 3. Accessed "http://MyIP/cacti/index.php" 4. Set SNMP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreiM
0 Replies

9. Programming

Strange value of the double type variable: -nan(0x8000000000000)

I am confused by the value of "currdisk->currangle" after adding operation. Initially the value of "currdisk->currangle" is 0.77500000000000013, but after adding operation, it's changed to "-nan(0x8000000000000)", Can anyone explain ? Thanks! The following is the occasion of gdb debugging. 3338 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk replace cells with NaN/delete if condition

Hello, I will like to delete/replace $3 with NaN. condition $3>-2000 (file1.dat) to produce out.dat. I want to retain the structure of the table. I use this code, this output only $3. Any idea on how to modify this code. Thank you. awk -v OFS='' '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i > -2000 || $i ==" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
4 Replies
nan(3M) 																   nan(3M)

NAME
nan(), nanf(), nanl(), nanw(), nanq() - string to NaN conversion functions SYNOPSIS
HP Integrity Server Only DESCRIPTION
The function creates a quiet NaN from the specified string. If tagp does not point to an n-char-sequence or an empty string, the call is equivalent to The ISO/IEC C99 standard specifies n-char-sequence syntax, but the interpretation and extension of the syntax is implementation defined. The n-char-sequence argument is ignored on HP-UX systems. Integrity Server Only is a version of it returns a result. is a version of it returns a result. is an version of it returns an result. is equivalent to on HP-UX systems. USAGE
To use these functions, compile either with the default option or with the and options. To use compile with the option. Make sure your program includes and link in the math library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. For more information, see the at: RETURN VALUE
The function returns a quiet NaN. These functions raise no exceptions. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
copysign(3M), isnan(3M), nextafter(3M), math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, "IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic") nan(3M)