Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat isql command not working in Linux 64bit Post 302618653 by roopalidalvi231 on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 09:25:29 AM
Old 04-04-2012
now I am able to use this command , there was some problem with the installation.
but at present I am unable to do connectivity to oracle 11g using ODBC.

I had set all env variables ,PATH,ORACLE_HOME , ORACLE_SID ,LD_LIBRARY_PATH ,TNS_ADMIN
and tnsnames.ora also
still I am getting the error as

[S1000][unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Kindly help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Oracle and 64bit Linux

Hello All, Does anybody installed the subj? How it works? Any troubles/problems? M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mg`
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux 32bit or 64bit

Hi, I want to know what is command to know which will tell wheather linux is 32 or 64 bit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

3. Linux

Linux version v.s. 32bit/64bit

Where can I get a list that maps the each Linux version to corresponding 32/64 bits model? e.g. OS -> Model (ILP32, LP64, ...) RHLE3 -> ? RHLE4 -> ? RHLE5 -> ? ... It would be better if there is such a list that contains most of current UNIX OS versions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

4. Programming

cos() command not working in Linux

Hi, I have written a c program to find cos() of a value , its not working, I am getting value of "val " as 0000. #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> main() { float val; val = cosf( 1.570796); printf("\nval = %f",val); } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ITcl :: try_eval command not working in Linux 5.4

Hi, My code uses try_eval block to do some code execution. This piece of code does not work on RHEL 5.4. The program just hangs at the try_eval block and does not throw any errors either. The same program however works in other Linux boxes that we have. I have written a simple program that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana485
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command working different in linux environment.

Hi I tried running the code scrname=`whence $0 | sed -e 's/\.\///g'` where $0 is substituted by cm_dsjobrun.sh in unix env then the value it returns me is SCRNAME=/data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/etl/cm3_0/scripts/shell/cm_dsjobrun.sh whereas i ran the same code on linux env The value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK command working different in Linux

Hi All I have fired a command in linux table=`echo ${file_name} | awk '{FS="/"; print $NF}' | awk '{FS="."; print $1}'` where file_name has /data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/backfill/temp/etl_app_info.csv /data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/backfill/temp/etl_app_jobs.csv ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

At command for Linux job not working from php

I have a script .sh with a curl command in it: curl --digest "http://xxxxxxx.xxx/mail.php?email=xxxx@xxx.xx"; from terminal this works good : ./script.sh //(mail arrives in my box) from php this works good: shell_exec('./phpsc.sh'); // (mail arrives in my box) from terminal this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: extra93
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
odbcinst(1)						       unixODBC manual pages						       odbcinst(1)

NAME
odbcinst - An unixODBC tool for manipulating configuration files SYNOPSIS
odbcinst ACTION OBJECT OPTIONS DESCRIPTION
odbcinst is a command line tool which has been created for allowing people who are developing the install scripts/RPMs for Drivers to be able to easily create/remove entries in odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. This command line tool is a complement to the shared library of the same name (libodbcinst.so). This tool is a part of the odbcinst component of unixODBC. OPTIONS
ACTIONS -i Install (add section to config file) new OBJECT. -u Uninstall (remove section from config file) existing OBJECT. -q Query the config files and print the options for specified OBJECT. -j Prints current configuration of unixODBC, listing (among others) the paths to the configuration files. -c Calls SQLCreateDataSource -m Calls SQLManageDataSources --version Prints program version and exits. OBJECTS -d The ACTION affect drivers (and thus the odbcinst.ini configuration file). -s The ACTION affect data sources (and thus the user or system odbc.ini configuration file). OPTIONS -f FILE The FILE is template file, describing the configuration of installed OBJECT (only valid for the -i ACTION). -r Same as the -f OPTION, only take the standard input as the template file. -n NAME Specifies the NAME of the OBJECT. -v Turn off verbose mode. This turns off all information, warning and error messages. -l The specified data source is system-wide. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. -h The specified data source is user-specific. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. RETURN VALUES
This command returns zero on success and non-zero value on failure. FILES
/etc/odbinst.ini Configuration file containing all the database drivers specifications. See odbcinst.ini(5) for more details. /etc/odbc.ini System-wide data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst.ini(5), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Wed 26 Jun 2013 odbcinst(1)