Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to accomplished to run zenity in cronjob? Post 302617295 by jao_madn on Monday 2nd of April 2012 11:37:34 AM
Old 04-02-2012
Hi

Thanks for the speedy response..

@Corona688: by the way it is a laptop machine, i setup the scripts to run during the time i usually used it. What i want is to pop up a window which contain the output of the "cat <dir>/report file"

Attach are the output of the pop up window when i run in terminal.
How to accomplished to run zenity in cronjob?-zenitypng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run cronjob

I have the following cron: 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /v/sysadmin/sysnet/file.pl The .pl has been tried at 755 and 777 The script works if manually run by the web browser or unix command prompt, but I can't get the Cron to do it automatically i went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahrahulb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob to run perl script

Hi all Recently i had finished a perl script. When i run manually, the script work fine. But when i wanted to put the script in cron, it didn't get the same output as it run manually. I felt that it only execute the script until certain line then it stop as i see most of the related files didn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a cronjob to run every 15 mins ?

Hi, I want to schedule a job to run every 15 mins through cron. searched the forums and came up with this piece of code.i have given this in my crontab 0-59/15 * * * * sh /usr/ss/job But its not being run. Have i made any mistake here. Can any1 post the cron code for scheduling the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doesn't run as a cronjob...

Hi! I have a svn backup script that works perfectly if I execute it from the command line but if I set it as a cronjob to run at night, only part of the code works. So, basically the scripts starts by deleting the folder yesterday and then moves the folder today to the folder yesterday. When... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
4 Replies

5. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error at the time of cronjob run

Hi All , Please read the below data carefully. I have run the below script on unix server its running succesfully. but when i run the same script using cronsetyp it giving me the error : command not found at (line num):cruiseStartup.sh below is code netstat -anp |grep 8181... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a cronjob only when a file is modified?

Hello, I am new to cron. I have a cronjob that updates a dataset in a 3rd party application. The contents of this dataset come from a text file, which is updated irregularly. Currently my cronjob runs once every week, to update this dataset (irrespective of whether the file was updated or not).... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cronjob for every 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to run the cronjob for every 10 minutes from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Does the below code works? If not, please advise. * * * * * command to be executed ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ └---------------------------------- day of week (0 - 6) (0 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing unexpected results when i run through cronjob

Hi I'm having hard time here with below script. If i run script manually i see expected results but, if i keep this script in cron job i'm getting unexpected results. Unexpected results means even though condition is true,cronjob returning output of else condition. This script and cronjob... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to run a progress bar in zenity

First off, I'm a novice in bash... I'm trying to make a progress bar in zenity to show progress of a file download. When complete, the progress bar should exit. I'm using a function for the progress bar. Any help appropriated. My code is : #!/bin/bash progress_bar() { ( while : do #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allen11
3 Replies
glutMenuStatusFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						 glutMenuStatusFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutMenuStatusFunc - sets the global menu status callback. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutMenuStatusFunc(void (*func)(int status, int x, int y)); void glutMenuStateFunc(void (*func)(int status)); ARGUMENTS
func The new menu status (or state) callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutMenuStatusFunc sets the global menu status callback so a GLUT program can determine when a menu is in use or not. When a menu status callback is registered, it will be called with the value GLUT_MENU_IN_USE for its value parameter when pop-up menus are in use by the user; and the callback will be called with the value GLUT_MENU_NOT_IN_USE for its status parameter when pop-up menus are no longer in use. The x and y parameters indicate the location in window coordinates of the button press that caused the menu to go into use, or the location where the menu was released (may be outside the window). The func parameter names the callback function. Other callbacks continue to operate (except mouse motion callbacks) when pop-up menus are in use so the menu status callback allows a program to suspend animation or other tasks when menus are in use. The cascading and unmapping of sub-menus from an initial pop-up menu does not generate menu status callbacks. There is a single menu status callback for GLUT. When the menu status callback is called, the current menu will be set to the initial pop-up menu in both the GLUT_MENU_IN_USE and GLUT_MENU_NOT_IN_USE cases. The current window will be set to the window from which the initial menu was popped up from, also in both cases. Passing NULL to glutMenuStatusFunc disables the generation of the menu status callback. glutMenuStateFunc is a deprecated version of the glutMenuStatusFunc routine. The only difference is glutMenuStateFunc callback prototype does not deliver the two additional x and y coordinates. SEE ALSO
glutCreateMenu, glutCreateWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutMenuStatusFunc(3GLUT)