Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Directory structure
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create Directory structure Post 302617269 by cero on Monday 2nd of April 2012 10:33:27 AM
Old 04-02-2012
There's a useless use of cat in your code, and variablenames are case-sensitive. For the messages you can use the && and || operators (tested with bash-shell).
Code:
ControleDir () {
   while read directory
   do
      mkdir -p ${nfs_depot}/${directory} && echo "OK" || (echo "ERROR"; exit 1)
   done <${fic_cpt_arbo}
}

This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a C structure using table description.

There is table 'DEPT' in the database with the following desciption: Name Null? Type ------- -------- ------------------------ DEPTNO NOT NULL NUMBER(2) DNAME NULL VARCHAR2(14) LOC NULL VARCHAR2(13) Using shell script, I need to create a structure for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All, is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt Current Directory structure |-------------files |---------------Share |-----------------dir1 |-----------------dir2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heros
11 Replies
FLOCK(1)							   User Commands							  FLOCK(1)

NAME
flock - manage locks from shell scripts SYNOPSIS
flock [options] <file|directory> <command> [command args] flock [options] <file|directory> -c <command> flock [options] <file descriptor number> DESCRIPTION
This utility manages flock(2) locks from within shell scripts or the command line. The first and second forms wrap the lock around the executing a command, in a manner similar to su(1) or newgrp(1). It locks a specified file or directory, which is created (assuming appropriate permissions), if it does not already exist. By default, if the lock cannot be immediately acquired, flock waits until the lock is available. The third form uses open file by file descriptor number. See examples how that can be used. OPTIONS
-s, --shared Obtain a shared lock, sometimes called a read lock. -x, -e, --exclusive Obtain an exclusive lock, sometimes called a write lock. This is the default. -u, --unlock Drop a lock. This is usually not required, since a lock is automatically dropped when the file is closed. However, it may be required in special cases, for example if the enclosed command group may have forked a background process which should not be hold- ing the lock. -n, --nb, --nonblock Fail rather than wait if the lock cannot be immediately acquired. See the -E option for the exit code used. -w, --wait, --timeout seconds Fail if the lock cannot be acquired within seconds. Decimal fractional values are allowed. See the -E option for the exit code used. -o, --close Close the file descriptor on which the lock is held before executing command . This is useful if command spawns a child process which should not be holding the lock. -E, --conflict-exit-code number The exit code used when the -n option is in use, and the conflicting lock exists, or the -w option is in use, and the timeout is reached. The default value is 1. -c, --command command Pass a single command, without arguments, to the shell with -c. -h, --help Print a help message. -V, --version Show version number and exit. EXAMPLES
shell1> flock /tmp -c cat shell2> flock -w .007 /tmp -c echo; /bin/echo $? Set exclusive lock to directory /tmp and the second command will fail. shell1> flock -s /tmp -c cat shell2> flock -s -w .007 /tmp -c echo; /bin/echo $? Set shared lock to directory /tmp and the second command will not fail. Notice that attempting to get exclusive lock with second command would fail. shell> flock -x local-lock-file echo 'a b c' Grab the exclusive lock "local-lock-file" before running echo with 'a b c'. ( flock -n 9 || exit 1 # ... commands executed under lock ... ) 9>/var/lock/mylockfile The form is convenient inside shell scripts. The mode used to open the file doesn't matter to flock; using > or >> allows the lock- file to be created if it does not already exist, however, write permission is required. Using < requires that the file already exists but only read permission is required. [ "${FLOCKER}" != "$0" ] && exec env FLOCKER="$0" flock -en "$0" "$0" "$@" || : This is useful boilerplate code for shell scripts. Put it at the top of the shell script you want to lock and it'll automatically lock itself on the first run. If the env var $FLOCKER is not set to the shell script that is being run, then execute flock and grab an exclusive non-blocking lock (using the script itself as the lock file) before re-execing itself with the right arguments. It also sets the FLOCKER env var to the right value so it doesn't run again. EXIT STATUS
The command uses sysexits.h return values for everything else but an options -n or -w failures which return either the value given by the -E option, or 1 by default. AUTHOR
H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 H. Peter Anvin. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
flock(2) AVAILABILITY
The flock command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 FLOCK(1)