Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error Post 302616193 by Corona688 on Friday 30th of March 2012 03:20:56 PM
Old 03-30-2012
I don't literally mean 'portnumber'. Substitute the appropriate number for it. localhost is correct however

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh X11 tunnelling error

Hello freinds. Recently installed solaris 10 on a "sun ultra 10" with all the included features in the 5 CD set except sendmail support which i never needed. I am trying to ssh into the servers at my school which I can very easily do using linux. It seems that there is something wrong with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aijazbaig1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Permission Denied Error with X11

Hello, I am using Tiger 10.4.11 I am trying out the GIMP, so I installed the X11 package from "Optional Installs" on the cd. Whenever I open X11, I get an error: xterm: could not exec /dev/null: Permission denied I have chmodded /dev/null to 777, as well as the /tmp directory. I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
2 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with rm command in a tera byte file system

We have a production file system which has 6+ million files with more than 1 tera byte in size. When trying to delete selective files through a weekly script files are not deleted. Please advise with ideas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kppublicmail
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
buici-clock(1)						      General Commands Manual						    buici-clock(1)

NAME
buici-clock - attractive X11 clock SYNOPSIS
buici-clock [ -geometry geometry ] DESCRIPTION
buici-clock displays an attractive, analog, X11 clock. Among the many digital clocks and analog clocks with peculiar display artifacts, buici-clock intends to stand out as a stylish, low-overhead clock. OPTIONS
-geometry geometry This standard X11 options specifies the position and size of the clock; see X(1). USAGE
What's to say. This release of buici-clock offers no customizable features. It has a white clock face, black markers, a black border, and a red second hand with a circular pointer. The minute and hour hands are black and rectangular. Some may recognize the form from Swiss railway clocks. RESOURCES
Because this program doesn't use a toolkit, it recognizes only the resources specified here. showSecondHand Is a boolean indicating whether or not the second hand will display. Note that in the current version of buici-clock, disabling the second hand does not prevent an update of the clock face every second. AUTHOR
Marc Singer <elf@debian.org> SEE ALSO
X(1) Debian GNU/Linux 21-October-1998 buici-clock(1)