Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Opening a Unix File with Mac OS X Post 302614525 by michellemc on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 02:53:12 PM
Old 03-28-2012
Hello Corona688. Thanks for clearing/providing a suggestion for Unix E...file. Is this a file then that I should be able to open on my computer?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Opening in C++ in Unix Env

Pls someone help me. This piece of code is giving me weird results. ofstream outfile; ofstream out; char filename1; char filename2; memset(filename1,'\0',sizeof(filename1)); memset(filename2,'\0',sizeof(filename2)); strcpy(filename1,"Testing1.out");... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opening an Excel File in Unix

Hi all, I want to open an Excel file in Unix(ABC.xls) and copy one column of the file onto another text file (xyz.txt) .Please let me know if there is a way of going about to perform this operation. Thanks in Advance, bubeshj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
5 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX?

If I have a file in OSX (e.g. a pdf), I can choose how to open it i.e. with the "open with..." command from the 'right click menu'. Sometimes a pdf is garbled in OSX Preview so I need to open it in Adobe Acrobat. How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpeter
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

unix executable file problem on MAC OSX ??? please help

I've got this problem. My computers and external hard drives are converting many of my files to a Unix Executable File which has a grey terminal looking icon. I don't understand what is causing this to happen. It is happening to a large number of my image file of different formats and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chadb
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File in Windows.

Hi folks, I have a file in unix box as abc.xls and i have a file in windows box as abc_win.xls. Now if i open the file abc_win.xls which is in windows, i have to get the datas of the file abc.xls which is in unix. Everytime i opens the abc_win.xls file, the updated datas of file abc.xls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a439511
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help needed to delete some text without opening the file in unix

Hi To delete some text in 2 files in line1 ( not complete line) in unix without opening the files. For example: source file is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
5 Replies

7. Linux

Opening a TXT file in LINUX / UNIX

Hey Friends, When I open (More <filename>) a big txt file in UNIX /LINUX it asks me to press any key to see remaining file. Can I see it in a stretch? I mean I jst want to let the contains of file scroll up completely. Is there any way out? Plz help. Thanx in advance Anushree. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in opening UNIX file in Windows

Hi , I am having file in unix with size (386796649) , below is the output of ls command in UNIX. I have ftp'ed the file to my windows machine . When i tried to open the file it is not opening . Why it is so . Is there is size limit. -rw-rw-rw- 1 p10 pQQ 98473 Sep 17 17:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS - Convert DateTimes to/from Mac OS epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); # 1051488000 DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Mac OS epoch. Note that the Mac OS epoch is defined in the local time zone. This means that these two pieces of code will print the same number of seconds, even though they represent two datetimes 6 hours apart: $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'Europe/Amsterdam' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); $dt = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 5, day => 2, time_zone => 'America/Chicago' ); print $formatter->format_datetime($dt); Mac OS X is a Unix system, and uses the Unix epoch (1970-01-01T00:00:00). Use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix instead. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::MacOS(3pm)