Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers POP3 Mail Client (Command Line) Post 302613839 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 01:34:51 AM
Old 03-28-2012
fetchmail is the traditional solution for this.

My ~/.fetchmailrc:

Code:
poll mail.zzzzzzzz.com
protocol pop3
user print@zzzzzzzz.com
pass qqqqqqqq
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -m /home/username/.procmailrc"

Last edited by Corona688; 03-28-2012 at 02:45 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal

I'm completely new to Unix, but familiar with Mac OSX. I've just discovered the command line terminal feature of this new OS and I'm trying to learn how to telnet into my host's server to change permissions to allow executable cgi scripts for my website. Is there anyone who might be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tylerl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

e-mail client supporting HTTP mail servers

Hi all I want to know, is there any e-mail client in linux which supports HTTP mail servers. i am using fedora2. as far as investigated or tried I only find POP or IMAP mail server configuration in mozilla mail, ximian and there were no option such as HTTP. I can easily see my e-mail while i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line send mail

Hi, I am trying to send mail in ubuntu. I have installed postfix. In Redhat I could just type: mail name@domain.com I get the error that the command mail is not found. Does anyone know if there is a different command line to send mail? Can I install the command? Thanks, Eric (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mail in command line.

Hi Can any one guide me how to mail in ssh command terminal with help of mutt or sendmail command from a proxy client machine . My proxy server is using squid proxy. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayakumarN
19 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mail server using POP3

Hi, I am trying to set up a mail server on Redhat9. I have read about POP3 and have decided to use that. However, I am unable to configure the files properly. Can anyone tell me how to configure POP3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakshakshuk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from command line

Hi All; I need to send emails from command line in some of my shell scripts. I tried : mail -s "Subject" member@body.com < testfile where test file contains body of the mail This work on my mac computer at work BUT not on my mac laptop. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks Walforum (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walforum
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
pop3browser(1)															    pop3browser(1)

NAME
pop3browser -- small perl script to access POP3 mail accounts DESCRIPTION
pop3browser is a perl script that uses libnet-perl to give access to POP3 mail accounts without fetching the messages. pop3browser can be used to delete unwanted mails (SPAM), especially when they come with large attachments, before downloading them over low-bandwidth connections. The --limit option of fetchmail is very useful to filter such large mails which can then be inspected with pop3browser. The program supports normal POP3 authentication and APOP. USAGE
pop3browser welcomes you with a short copyright note and a command line prompt. The settings for a mailbox (host, password etc.) have to be specified in a configuration file (similar to fetchmail). pop3browser understands the following commands: hosts list available hosts specified in .pop3browserrc login n log into host no. n, use 'hosts' to get a list of available hosts o(pen) n same as login apop n same as login but uses APOP c(lose) delete messages marked for deletion and close current connection list list sizes and message numbers of the mails on the account s(how) n show header and some body lines of mail number n m(ailbox) list message number, size, sender and subject for each mail d(elete) n delete mail number n undel(ete) n undelete mail number n k(ill) expr delete mails matching expr in header u(nkill) expr undelete mails matching expr in header q(uit) delete messages marked for deletion and quit program exit same as quit help print a command summary CONFIG FILE
The definitions for a mailbox are specified in ~/.pop3browserrc. One line per mailbox. Lines starting with # are ignored. Each definition must be in the following form:.br hostname <tab or space> userid <tab or space> password <tab or space> protocol (optional) For example: #definition for bar@pop.foo.com #pop-server UID passwd protocol pop.foo.com bar s3cr3t apop #end of definition Recognised options for the protocol are pop3 and apop. If no protocol is specified the command login/open assumes pop3. The command apop ignores the protocol option. To override the default header-filter of the show command you can specify a custom set of keywords in ~/.pop3browserrc. Lines starting with "@headpattern" or "@bodylines" are parsed by pop3browser. Settings for the header-filter must be in the following form: @headpattern <tab or space> = <tab or space> "<keyword1>","<keyword2>",.... The filter keywords are matched against the start of a header line. Settings for the number of body lines to show, have to be in the following form: @bodylines <tab or space> = <tab or space> <Number> Example: @headpatterns = "From:","To:","Subject:","Date:","CC" @bodylines = 10 The file ~/.pop3browserrc must only be readable for the owning user. pop3browser corrects other file modes automatically. SEE ALSO
fetchmail(1) AUTHOR
Christoph Baumann <cgb@debian.org> THANKS
Jorrit 'J"o' Fahlke, for his overhaul of the config file parser Takeshi Hamasaki, for the headpattern patch Debian/GNU Linux Nov. 2003 pop3browser(1)