Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove lines that match string at end of column Post 302613495 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 10:52:52 AM
Old 03-27-2012
Only a $-sign away Smilie
Code:
awk '$3 !~ /30120$/' infile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove plank spaces at the end of lines

Hello friends, I want to remove blank spaces at the end of lines. I use sed command to do this but it is not working correctly. sed ‘s/ $//’ file_name Can some body tell me what is the proper way to remove blank spaces at the end of a limes. Thanks, Mahesh Fernando. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove / at the end of a string if it exists

Hey guys, Can sed or another command be used to examine a path such as /home/test/blah/blahand check to see if the last character is a "/" and if so remove it So this is what should happen: /home/test/blah/blahnothing happens, this is ok /home/test/blah/blah/the "/" at the end is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression - match 'b' that follows 'a' and is at the end of a string

Hi, I'm struggling with a regex that would match a 'b' that follows an 'a' and is at the end of a string of non-white characters. For example: Line 1: aba abab b abb aab bab baa I can find the right strings but I'm lacking knowledge of how to "discard" the bits that precede bs.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove comma at the end of the string

Hi i had String like UID: ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, LENGTH 32 when I used awk ' FS, {print $1}' prints ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, how can i getrid of that coma at the end of the string. Thanks in advance.. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: remove digits from end of string

Hi there, im sure this is really simple but i have some strings like this e1000g123001 e1000g0 nge11101 nge3and i want to create two variables ($DRIVER and $INSTANCE). the first one containing the alpha characters that make up the first part of the string, e.g. e1000g or nge and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion if 1st column is match (awk '{s+=$1} END

Hi im trying to add numbers, got no problem with it im using awk '{s+=$1} END {print s, "MB"}', but what if the numbers are like mention below. who will i add them 2000 KB 1 MB Answer: 2001 Desired: 2000 KB 1 MB Answer: 3000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

9. Linux

How to remove lines without a particular string in either column?

I have a file that looks like this: DIP-27772N DIP-18408N refseq:NP_523941 DIP-23436N|refseq:NP_536784 DIP-23130N|refseq:NP_652017 DIP-22958N|refseq:NP_651195 DIP-20072N|refseq:NP_724597 DIP-22928N|refseq:NP_569972 DIP-22042N|refseq:NP_536744|uniprotkb:P54622... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines having older end time

Hi, In my bash script I want to add a code which remove all entries older than x days. To simplify this problem, I have divided into 3 parts. (2 parts are done looking answer for 3rd part.) To find the latest log date - Done Latest_Time=`find . -name '*.tps' -exec sed '/endTime/!d; s/{//;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agoyals1986
3 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD