Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Missing files after 'rm -rf' session failure Post 302611607 by frank_rizzo on Friday 23rd of March 2012 07:29:01 AM
Old 03-23-2012
Are you sure the process has been killed? Verify with ps -ef.

as root
Code:
lsof -a +L1 /path/to/fs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files missing

a few of some live payroll files have been deleted / missing ... i've restored last nites backup ... what could be the possibilities of this strange occurance ... users have menus to work on and use these live files ... we run an aix box with a ksh shell. Where do I start ?? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding Directories on a Session by Session basis

Hi, Apologies if anyone has read my recent post on the same subject in the Linux forum, just thought actually the solution might more likely come from scripting. Essentially, I am trying to restrict access to directories based on the user's name AND their location on a session-by-session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

4. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between the desktop session and console session

what is the difference between desktop session and console session in solaris as i am wondering we use option -text for the former and -nowin for the later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishanreddy
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

"authentication failure" then "session opened". Why?

Ssh connections using shared public keys issue “authentication failure” messages, then succeed with “session opened”. I have found a few other threads with similar issue, but no solutions offered. :wall: How can I eliminate the failure messages? Environment: $ uname -a Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KennyCason
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the missing files

Hi all , am using unix ksh I have a lots of files in /prb directory in the format as .. .. .. .. MMRR0607.DAT_2012 MMRR0707.DAT_2012 MMRR0907.DAT_2012 MMRR1107.DAT_2012 ... .. MMRR3107.DAT_2012 MMRR0208.DAT_2012 .. I need the output as Missing files are:- MMRR0807.DAT_2012 (note... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)