Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Anti Virus
Operating Systems Linux Linux Anti Virus Post 302611051 by admin_xor on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 06:42:12 AM
Old 03-22-2012
Why would you need an Anti-virus for a Linux box? There are a few vendors which provide anti-virus solutions for Linux platforms. But, the anti-virus signatures are targeted for Windows viruses and are of no use on Linux.

Still if you are interested, you may find free version of AVG and Open Source ClamAV.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
MAKETEXT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       MAKETEXT(1)

NAME
maketext - translate and make messages SYNOPSIS
maketext [OPTION] [--domain=TEXTDOMAIN] MSGKEY [PARAM...] maketext [OPTION] -s MSGID [PARAM...] DESCRIPTION
The "maketext" script translates a natural language message into the user's language, by looking up the translation in a message MO file, and process the plural transformation with Maketext. The "maketext" script is a command-line interface to Locale::Maketext::Gettext(3) (and Locale::Maketext(3)). It can be used in shell scripts, etc, to translate, maketext and return the result. By this way, it enables Maketext to be integrated into other programming languages/systems, like bash/csh, python, PHP, C, etc. It works like the command-line program gettext. For example: % maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 0 1 0 viruses were found in 1 file. % maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 1 3 1 virus was found in 3 files. % OPTIONS
-d,--domain=TEXTDOMAIN Retrieve translated messages from TEXTDOMAIN. -s Adds a new line to the end of the output so that it behaves like the `echo' or the `gettext' command. -h,--help Display the help messages. -V,--version Display version information and exit. MSGKEY The original text used to look up translated text. PARAM... Parameters to Maketext for the plural and other text functions. ENVIRONMENT
TEXTDOMAIN TEXTDOMAIN is used to determine the text domain when the -d parameter is not given. TEXTDOMAINDIR TEXTDOMAINDIR is used to search the message catelog/MO file if it does not reside in the system locale directories. NOTES
Maketext language function override, like "quant" or "numerate", is not available here. Suggestions are welcome. The current system locale directory search order is: /usr/share/locale, /usr/lib/locale, /usr/local/share/locale, /usr/local/lib/locale. Suggestions are welcome. BUGS
Report bugs to imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> SEE ALSO
Locale::Maketext(3), Locale::Maketext::TPJ13(3), Locale::Maketext::Gettext(3), Locale::Maketext::Gettext::Functions(3), bindtextdomain(3), textdomain(3). Also, please refer to the official GNU gettext manual at <http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/>. AUTHOR
imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2007 imacat. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 MAKETEXT(1)