Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how do i execute a set of commands in telnet?? Post 302610403 by methyl on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 08:16:19 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Copy the script to the remote server and execute it there.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Loop in Telnet

hi Everyone , have a nice day #!/bin/sh ( sleep 1 echo "LOGIN:username:password;" sleep 1 while IFS= read -r line do #echo $line GET:VOUCHERDETAIL:VoucherSerialNumber,$line; >> /home/status_log done < /home/status.txt sleep 1 echo "LOGOUT;") | telnet 127.0.0.1 7021 , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute scripts from remote using telnet

Hi having the below code (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "password" sleep 2 echo "cd /home/test1/path" sleep 10 echo "ls -l | grep filename" if exists echo "script1.sh filename" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed" user@domain.com" else echo "mailx -s "File not Exist"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only execute telnet and ping for user

Hello for all! This is the situation: I must create many users that only can execute telnet and ping. Create users is not a problem, but I donīt know how limit the users privileges, to only execute telnet and ping. I hope you can help me. Thank's for all. Bye :) PD: Sorry for my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - to execute set of commands

Hi Can someone help me to figure out Want to execute few cmds in remote host thru ssh Tried below cmd -------------------------------excerpt------------------- RDIR=/data1/logs ---> variable stores rem. server directory TODAY="`date '+%b %d'`" ssh -i $userid@$host "cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: id100
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet to router and execute command

I am trying to write a shell script to execute some commands.. telnet <IP address of the router> wait 10 echo "username" echo "password" sh log exit but i am unable to execute it properly ..please help me .. thanks in advance Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect telnet script execute by cronjob

hi, please help, keep getting this bolded error and look it up and people say its your environment variable though i tried to set it manually in expect..it run fine if i run it manually but once i run it by cronjob it error below..i tried to comment out ip/login info with *.. logfile:: START... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cssanangeles
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using port and execute cmd

Hi, my query is: I am Login on server with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.. and i want a script where i want to telnet to server with IP yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy using specific port and then execute a cmd there on server Y please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute telnet commands thru xterm?

I want to launch an xterm telnet window: xterm -e telnet xxx.xxx.xx.xxx Which I can do but needs to also launch commands as well. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shopgirl08
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
uuxqt(1M)																 uuxqt(1M)

NAME
uuxqt - execute remote uucp or uux command requests SYNOPSIS
system] debug_level] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. executes remote job requests generated by use of the command (see uux(1)). generates files and places them in the spool directory, where searches for them. For each file, determines whether the required data files are available and accessible, and if file commands are per- mitted for the requesting system. The file is used to validate file accessibility and command execute permission. Then performs execution of the commands. Two environment variables are set before the command is executed: is the machine that sent the previous job and is the user who sent the job. These can be used in writing commands that remote systems can execute to provide information, auditing, or restrictions. recognizes the following options: Execute commands on the specified system. Produce debugging output on standard output. debug_level is a single digit between 0 and 9. The higher the number, the more detailed debugging information returned. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1), uucico(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuxqt(1M)