Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP debate...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP debate... Post 30261 by jonathanfreeman on Friday 18th of October 2002 04:12:57 PM
Old 10-18-2002
Hello, Just checked again and I've tried passive and active mode, and yes the server does support passive.

I've also tried from 2 completely different locations with the same result:

230-No directory! Logging in with home=/

And all not displaying the directory contents. Its hard for me to imagine that's its my end when the result is the same from 2 locations.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux-laptop compatibility debate

Hey guys, i use my mac laptop and i love it, but i have decided its time to break the mold and use linux, and since linux on macs suck, i need to know what kind of pc to build... I want to know what kind of motherboard, wireless cards, hard drives, laptops, video cards, and etc. people have had... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesaynaysayer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

4. Linux

Where are people landing on the sytemd debate?

My two primary distros are Gentoo and Debian and I'm a fan of the older more traditional init system but as we all know Debian is moving to systemd. Not sure how impartial the crowd is here but I'd like to hear people's opinions. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
4 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)