Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move a .zip file to a unix system in .rar format Post 302609399 by frank_rizzo on Monday 19th of March 2012 08:37:25 PM
Old 03-19-2012
Code:
unzip foo.zip
rar whatever foo.rar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to format iomega zip under unix?

i´m new in unix help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texto
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file zip,rar,tar,compress,uncompress,unzip,unrar

i want know how to compress and uncompress file using unix, compress uncompress,zip,unzip,rar,unrar,how its work and more about this.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ismael xavier
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract rar/zip files from pc DIRECTLY on xbox (FTP)

Hello I've an old xbox connected to Ubuntu 8.04 with an ethernet cable. I use gFTP to transfer files on xbox (through FTP). When I have to transfer a rar file, first of all I have to extract it on ubuntu, then on xbox. I would like to transfer rar files directly on xbox. Is it possible with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolobitta
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in .PDF files inside .RAR & .ZIP archives.

Hi, I have got a large number of .PDF files that are archived in .RAR & ZIP files in various directories and I would like to search for strings inside the PDF files. I would think you would need something that can recursively read directories, extract the .RAR/.ZIP file in memory, read the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Extract .rar format files in Solaris

Hi All, Is there way to extract the .rar format files in Solaris Thanks, Mani Muthu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Extract .rar format files in Red Hat

Hi All, Is there way to extract the .rar format files in red hat server. Thanks, Mani Muthu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move latest zip file to another directory

Hi folks, In my application there is a job running which create a .dat file along with it zip file also at unix box location /opt/app/cvf/temp1 so in temp1 directory I have one .dat file and its zip file also. Now since this job runs every day so if a job runs today there will be two files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)