Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with touch and timestamps Post 302608090 by Digjoy83 on Friday 16th of March 2012 06:18:24 AM
Old 03-16-2012
Thanks a lot itkamaraj.
Another dumb question.How do I run this code?Do I need to create a .sh script and run ./<scriptname.sh> ??
Or do I run it directly?

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamps

Can someone help me with a Unix or perl script to convert the unix timestamps to human readable format? Any help will be highly appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merging multiple timestamps into one

Here is a problem that involves looping: - I have multiple files with same name but different timestamps: e.g test20080226144525.txt, test20080227144525.txt (can be more than two files). - I want to take the collection of these files (e.g test*) and append all its contents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic on timestamps

Hi Friends, please advise on shell script to add two time stamps for example : a=12:32 b=12:00 c=a+b=00:32 please help me to find shell script to add to two time stamps, as i need to convert time from EST to GMT or SST to prepare status of jobs in unix and to specify estimated time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Timestamps

Hi! Long time reader first time registered user and poster. I've picked up some times and tricks and I'm at a dead end... I've parsed a log file for duplicates and printed only the two fields I need (duplicate entry and time stamp). My question is, with this output, how would I script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexpokinghorn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 timestamps

Hi, i have current timestamp, lets say "12:02:45" in an variable (var1) and another timestamp "08:30:00" fetched from table in another variable2 (var2). How do i compare 2 timestamps in unix shell scripting. if var 1 > var 2 then echo message. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two timestamps

Hi all!!, I'm using Ksh and working on Linux. I want to compare two timestamps, timestamp1 and timestamp2. Until, timestamp1 is lesser than timestamp2, i want to do something, lets say print something. The code i have written is: a=`date +%H:%M:%S` b=`date +%H:%M:%S -d" 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)