Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DHCP lease problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat DHCP lease problem Post 302607272 by saqlain.bashir on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 04:00:51 AM
Old 03-14-2012
Dear Vaibhav.T,
please make sure that your file on client machine
Code:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0  (plz replace 0 with your NIC number)

have the following line with the same arguments
Code:
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Problem

I just installed Mandrake (Caldera) Verion 7.0 on my PC. The problem is I can not grab the and IP from my Router (running DHCP Server). I went to the root# and type linuxconf and it pops up for me the GUI, I have select "Enable" and "DHCP" but when I in Root#, type "ifconfig" it shows me the IP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Problem

OS RHEL 5.1 After edit config file, daemon dhcpd does not run (( /etc/dhcpd.conf: ddns-update-style none; option domain-name "whitehouse.gov"; option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1; option ntp-servers 10.0.0.2; default-lease-time 21600; max-lease-time 43200; subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris Virtual Interface Problem in DHCP

Hi all, I am experiencing a problem with dhcp broadcast packages. these broadcast packages are seen on bge1 and bge1:1 interfaces but somehow they are not seen at bge771001 interface which is second virtual interface on the bge1 interface. I have a server on which I configured it as working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironoxide
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL5 Kickstart NFS & DHCP Problem

I just finished setting up a Kickstart Server for our RHEL 5 installs. It's configured to use the PXE boot and NFS for the installation. Everything works fine when I just build one machine at a time. The installation works from begining to end. But when I try the install three machines at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfistler
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP problem and eth1 problem

At work I am trying to get this one Linux machine (let's call it ctesgm07) to behave like another Linux machine that we have (let's call it test007). test007 returns the following version info: cat /etc/debian_version: lenny/sid uname -a: Linux test007 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DHCP lease under SuSE is not working. Why?

Hi, I got a strange issue here: We are using ISC DHCP v4 which is default in Open SuSE 11.4. These two options 'default-lease-time' and 'max-lease-time' are set in all subnets, with values between 43200 (12 hours) to 518400 (144 hours). See partial dhcpd.conf below please. Now the lease time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

DHCP lease under SuSE is not working., limited at 10 minutes

Hi, I got a strange issue here: We are using ISC DHCP v4 which is default in Open SuSE 11.4. These two options 'default-lease-time' and 'max-lease-time' are set in all subnets, with values between 43200 (12 hours) to 518400 (144 hours). See partial dhcpd.conf below please. Now the lease... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove duplicate entries from dhcp.lease

Hi, I have to parse the dhcp.lease file and have to keep the most recent entry and remove the rest and also the number of lines between any two leases might not always be the same. eg: lease 5.5.5.252 { starts Wed Jul 27 09:48:39 2011 ends Wed Jul 27 21:48:39 2011 tstp Wed Jul... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bitspradp
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Problem with script execution from a DHCP event

Hi, I'm installing a DHCPD Server with the packages from a distro SLES11 SP1 (dhcp-server-3.1.1-7.12). And a DNS Server with PowerDNS: pdns-recursor-3.3-1 pdns-static-3.0-1 The DHCP update de DNS Server, but PowerDNS is not RFC 2135 compliant, and I have to update the MySQL register... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bypper
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10- DHCP lease time increase

HI Admins, can anyone tell me how can I increase the lease time in Solaris 10. I want to use that dhcp address for 4 weeks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Script(3pm)