Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Redirecting requests from 8153 and blocking access to the same Post 302606712 by Arun Kumar on Monday 12th of March 2012 01:27:34 PM
Old 03-12-2012
output if uname -a

2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Redhat 5.3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Sendmail Access DB TLD Blocking ....

Now this is a bit tricky, but works great if you can decide which Top Level Domains or TLDs you want to receive mail We are getting so much spam from countries we never receive useful mail, I've been experimenting with blocking entire TLDs using sendmail access_db as an antispam technique. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Sending two requests from one link

Hi everybody, Is it possible to have a URL link i.e. <a href=""></a>, which sends out two requests to a site? As an example, I want want to combine these two links. The first link loads files. The second link searches these files. But I want just one link, where went a user clicks on it,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

redirecting ssl requests with squid?

say i have an apache server configured for ssl/non ssl virtual hosts and a proxy configured as follows (see squid.conf) the ssl on each name based virtual host is configured on its own port (only 7 of the domains need this the rest are just media and other insignificant bits of data but domains... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopper195
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which program can I use for blocking unauthorized access via/ssh/ftp

Hi, I need to install a program on my Centos 5.3 server that will block unauthorized ssh/ftp access attempts. The two features I require is that I should be able to configure the program to block the IP of the intruder after a a certain amount of access attempts and that it should display a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Some I/O requests to this LV are waiting

Hi All I have a blade BL860c running on a C7000 chassis, in which is connected to a NetApp, so lately I am having I/O issues, and dmesg as well as syslog.log is reporting the following: /dev/vg01/lvol2 file system file data error in dev/block 0/55892768 Page I/O error occurred while paging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Google Chrome is blocking access to UNIX.com

For some reason Google Chrome sees unix.com as dangerous and has start to block it. I need to select advanced and continue on own risk. Can you make an effort to remove unix.com form the list of dangerous site from Google. IE has not this problem. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

7. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

8. SCO

Rshd requests logging

I would like to log requests to rshd on OSR 5.0.7, hopefully it is possible. Requests are coming from client Windows PCs, it all works most of the time, but few PCs are not able to do it. I am not sure where to start - do I tweak syslog.conf? Any pointers would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
IP(3)							     Library Functions Manual							     IP(3)

NAME
ip - TCP, UDP, IL network protocols over IP SYNOPSIS
bind -a #Itcp /net bind -a #Iudp /net bind -a #Iil /net /net/tcp/clone /net/tcp/n /net/tcp/n/data /net/tcp/n/ctl /net/tcp/n/local /net/tcp/n/remote /net/tcp/n/status /net/tcp/n/listen ... DESCRIPTION
The IP device provides the interface for several protocols that run over IP on an Ethernet. TCP and UDP provide the standard Internet pro- tocols for reliable stream and unreliable datagram communication. IL provides a reliable datagram service for communication between Plan 9 machines. IL is the protocol of choice for most Plan 9 services. Each of the protocols is served by the IP device, which represents each connection by a set of device files. The top level directory of each protocol contains a clone file and subdirectories numbered from zero to the number of connections configured for this protocol. Opening the clone file reserves a connection. The file descriptor returned from the open(2) will point to the control file, ctl, of the newly allocated connection. Reading the ctl file returns a text string representing the number of the connection. Connections may be used either to listen for incoming calls or to initiate calls to other machines. A connection is controlled by writing text strings to the associated ctl file. After a connection has been established data may be read from and written to the data file. For the datagram services, IL and UDP, a read of less than the length of a datagram will cause the entire datagram to be consumed. Each write to the data file will send a single datagram on the network. The TCP protocol provides a stream connection that does not preserve read/write boundaries. Prior to sending data, remote and local addresses must be set for the connection. For outgoing calls the local port number will be allo- cated randomly if none is set. Addresses are set by writing control messages to the ctl file of the connection. The connection is not established until the data file is opened. For IL and TCP the process will block until the remote host has acknowledged the connection. UDP opens always succeed. The following control messages are supported: connect ipaddress!port[!r] Set the remote IP address and port number for the connection. If the r flag is supplied and no local address has been specified the system will allocate a restricted port number (less than 1024) for the connection to allow communication with Unix machines' login and exec services. disconnect (UDP only) Clear the remote address of a UDP connection. announce X X is a decimal port number or Set the local port number to X and accept calls to X. If X is accept calls for any port that no process has explicitly announced. The local IP address cannot be set. Announce fails if the connection is already announced or connnected. bind X X is a decimal port number or Set the local port number to X. This exists to support library emulation of BSD sockets and is not otherwise used. backlog n (IL and TCP only) Set the maximum number of pending requests for a given service to n. By default n is set to five. If more than n connections are pending, further requests for a service will be rejected. Port numbers must be in the range 1 to 32767. If a local port has not been announced prior to a connect a local port number will be allo- cated automatically. Local ports are allocated from 5000 up. Several files report the status of a connection. The remote and local files contain the IP address and port number for the remote and local side of the connection. The status file contains protocol-dependent information to help debug network connections. A process may accept incoming connections by calling open on the listen file. The open will block until a new connection request arrives. Then open will return an open file descriptor which points to the control file of the newly accepted connection. This procedure will accept all calls for the given protocol. SEE ALSO
listen(8), dial(2), ndb(6) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devip.c /sys/src/9/port/stil.c /sys/src/9/port/stip.c /sys/src/9/port/tcp*.c IP(3)