Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can a string be a command line argument? Post 302606475 by gull04 on Sunday 11th of March 2012 04:34:27 PM
Old 03-11-2012
Hi,

In the shell do;

Code:
export TEST="Failed due to missing statement"
./scriptname ${TEST}

Hope that helps.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line argument parsing

how to parse the command line argument to look for '@' sign and the following with '.'. In my shell script one of the argument passed is email address. I want to parse this email address to look for correct format. rmjoe123@hotmail.com has '@' sign and followed by a '.' to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmjoe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

array as command line argument !!!!

hello, can any help me how to can pass array as command line argument in korn shell. also how to read a array from command line. thanks spandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a command line argument

I have a shell script which does the encryption of a file where i am passing the file name as a command line argument,but later on the script waits on the screen to enter Y or N what is the command i should be using on the shell script #!/bin/bash -x outfilename=file.out echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the value in last command line argument???

Say I want to get the value of last command line argument using the value in $# (or some other way if u can suggest) how do I do it?? $"$#" `$"$#"` These don't work :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_oddey21
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

6. Programming

Command Line Argument

Hi, I have a very simple C program which will run in UNIX. When i am passing * as the command line argument, i am gettig the below output. Program: #include <stdio.h> #include "mylibrary.h" int **environ; int main(int argc,char *argv) { int i; printf("\nHello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsudipta
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument

Hi Guys When I run the below command ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa Server_Name I found the below error ommand-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument Kindly help me to sort out Double post, continued... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line argument - perl

how do i check if a command line argument is -g? for example, if command line argument equals "-g" { print "Goodbye \n"; } else { print "Welcome to the program! \n"; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify an entire UNIX command as a command line argument

I'm trying to write a bash script called YN that looks like the following YN "Specify a question" "doThis" "doThat" where "doThis" will be executed if the answer is "y", otherwise "doThat". For example YN "Do you want to list the file dog?" "ls -al dog" "" Here's my attempt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command line argument

Hi Guys, I'm trying to work out how to add a command line argument inside single quotes. Would anyone be able to help please as I'm going mad :) I want to be able to place the filename on command line and it then be used in a script but it needs to have quotes surrounding it. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit - short-circuit evaluation for certain rules SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit report Content analysis details: (_SCORE_ points, _REQD_ required, s/c _SCTYPE_) add_header all Status "_YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_ shortcircuit=_SCTYPE_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_" DESCRIPTION
This plugin implements simple, test-based shortcircuiting. Shortcircuiting a test will force all other pending rules to be skipped, if that test is hit. In addition, a symbolic rule, "SHORTCIRCUIT", will fire. Recomended usage is to use "priority" to set rules with strong S/O values (ie. 1.0) to be run first, and make instant spam or ham classification based on that. CONFIGURATION SETTINGS
The following configuration settings are used to control shortcircuiting: shortcircuit SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME {ham|spam|on|off} Shortcircuiting a test will force all other pending rules to be skipped, if that test is hit. Recomended usage is to use "priority" to set rules with strong S/O values (ie. 1.0) to be run first, and make instant spam or ham classification based on that. To override a test that uses shortcircuiting, you can set the classification type to "off". on Shortcircuits the rest of the tests, but does not make a strict classification of spam or ham. Rather, it uses the default score for the rule being shortcircuited. This would allow you, for example, to define a rule such as body TEST /test/ describe TEST test rule that scores barely over spam threshold score TEST 5.5 priority TEST -100 shortcircuit TEST on The result of a message hitting the above rule would be a final score of 5.5, as opposed to 100 (default) if it were classified as spam. off Disables shortcircuiting on said rule. spam Shortcircuit the rule using a set of defaults; override the default score of this rule with the score from "shortcircuit_spam_score", set the "noautolearn" tflag, and set priority to "-100". In other words, equivalent to: shortcircuit TEST on priority TEST -100 score TEST 100 tflags TEST noautolearn ham Shortcircuit the rule using a set of defaults; override the default score of this rule with the score from "shortcircuit_ham_score", set the "noautolearn" and "nice" tflags, and set priority to "-100". In other words, equivalent to: shortcircuit TEST on priority TEST -100 score TEST -100 tflags TEST noautolearn nice shortcircuit_spam_score n.nn (default: 100) When shortcircuit is used on a rule, and the shortcircuit classification type is set to "spam", this value should be applied in place of the default score for that rule. shortcircuit_ham_score n.nn (default: -100) When shortcircuit is used on a rule, and the shortcircuit classification type is set to "ham", this value should be applied in place of the default score for that rule. TAGS
The following tags are added to the set available for use in reports, headers etc.: _SC_ shortcircuit status (classification and rule name) _SCRULE_ rulename that caused the shortcircuit _SCTYPE_ shortcircuit classification ("spam", "ham", "default", "none") SEE ALSO
"http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/show_bug.cgi?id=3109" perl v5.16.3 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)