Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Converting HP-UX awk to Solaris Post 302606402 by gull04 on Sunday 11th of March 2012 08:33:26 AM
Old 03-11-2012
There should be a posix compliant version in /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or check for gawk on the system.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

converting midi to wav in solaris 10

how can i convert midi to wave in solaris 10 i have found timidity but it lack of documentation. is there any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting from reliant 2 solaris

Hello... I am trying to convert my script from one to another unix flavor... from reliant to solaris...I did all but can not convert this awk/nawk: First code if code that works what I want under reliant and the second should do same under solaris but it does not I did so far from this :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting grep to awk

First, I am trying to search for certain string types within a very large file. Here is a sample record: MyCountry|MyGroup|MyCust|Run-Date|N/A|SERVER|OS|USERID|897//123456//LNAME FNAME|STATE|LLOGON In field 9 I am looking for invalid formats. A valid format would be 897/C/123456//LNAME FNAME.... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
25 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to matrix-like file using AWK

Hi, Needs for statistics, doing converting Here is a sample file Input : 1|A|17,94 1|B|22,59 1|C|56,93 2|A|63,71 2|C|23,92 5|B|19,49 5|C|67,58 expecting something like that Output : 1|A|17,94|B|22,59|C|56,93 2|A|63,71|B|0|C|23,92 5|A|0|B|19,49|C|67,58 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - problems by converting date-format

Hi i try to change the date-format from DD/MM/YYYY into MM/DD/YY. Input-Data: ... 31/12/2013,23:40,198.00,6.20,2,2,2,1,11580.0,222 31/12/2013,23:50,209.00,7.30,2,2,3,0,4380.0 01/01/2014,00:00,205.90,8.30,2,2,3,1,9360.0,223 ... Output-Data should be: ...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting shell/awk to ruby

any idea on how to get started with this: shell script: awk '/{/,/}/' ~/newservices.txt | while read line do BEGIN=$(echo "${line}" | egrep ":" | egrep "{") if ; then checkname=$(echo $line | awk -F":" '{print $1}' | sed 's_"__g') echo "{"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk for converting xml to txt

Hi, I have a xml script, I converted it to .txt with values comma seperated using awk function. But I want the output values should be inside double quotes My xml script (Workorders.xml) is shown like below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <scbm-extract version="3.3">... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viswanatheee55
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm trying to convert an awk script I wrote to perl (which I just started self-teaching). I tried the a2p command but I couldn't make sense of most of it. Here was the awk code: BEGIN{ FS = "," print "NAME\tLOW\tHIGH\tAVERAGE" a=0 } { if(a==0){ a+=1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm currently teaching myself Perl and was trying to turn an awk code that I had written into Perl. I have gotten stuck on a particular part and a2p has not helped me at all. The task was to take a .csv file containing a name, assignment type, score and points possible and compute it into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
d_passwd(4)							   File Formats 						       d_passwd(4)

NAME
d_passwd - dial-up password file SYNOPSIS
/etc/d_passwd DESCRIPTION
A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct pass- word must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. d_passwd is an ASCII file which contains a list of executable programs (typically shells) that require a dial-up password and the associ- ated encrypted passwords. When a user attempts to log in on any of the ports listed in the dialups file (see dialups(4)), the login program looks at the user's login entry stored in the passwd file (see passwd(4)), and compares the login shell field to the entries in d_passwd. These entries determine whether the user will be required to supply a dial-up password. Each entry in d_passwd is a single line of the form: login-shell:password: where login-shell The name of the login program that will require an additional dial-up password. password An encrypted password. Users accessing the computer through a dial-up port or modem using login-shell will be required to enter this password before gaining access to the computer. d_passwd should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. If the user's login program in the passwd file is not found in d_passwd or if the login shell field in passwd is empty, the user must sup- ply the default password. The default password is the entry for /usr/bin/sh. If d_passwd has no entry for /usr/bin/sh, then those users whose login shell field in passwd is empty or does not match any entry in d_passwd will not be prompted for a dial-up password. Dial-up logins are disabled if d_passwd has only the following entry: /usr/bin/sh:*: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample d_passwd file. Here is a sample d_passwd file: /usr/lib/uucp/uucico:q.mJzTnu8icF0: /usr/bin/csh:6k/7KCFRPNVXg: /usr/bin/ksh:9df/FDf.4jkRt: /usr/bin/sh:41FuGVzGcDJlw: Generating An Encrypted Password The passwd (see passwd(1)) utility can be used to generate the encrypted password for each login program. passwd generates encrypted pass- words for users and places the password in the shadow (see shadow(4)) file. Passwords for the d_passwd file will need to be generated by first adding a temporary user id using useradd (see useradd(1M)), and then using passwd(1) to generate the desired password in the shadow file. Once the encrypted version of the password has been created, it can be copied to the d_passwd file. For example: 1. Type useradd tempuser and press Return. This creates a user named tempuser. 2. Type passwd tempuser and press Return. This creates an encrypted password for tempuser and places it in the shadow file. 3. Find the entry for tempuser in the shadow file and copy the encrypted password to the desired entry in the d_passwd file. 4. Type userdel tempuser and press Return to delete tempuser. These steps must be executed as the root user. FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), useradd(1M), dialups(4), passwd(4), shadow(4) WARNINGS
When creating a new dial-up password, be sure to remain logged in on at least one terminal while testing the new password. This ensures that there is an available terminal from which you can correct any mistakes that were made when the new password was added. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 d_passwd(4)