Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating Printing Program in bash Post 302606073 by vbe on Friday 9th of March 2012 01:22:04 PM
Old 03-09-2012
What I dont get is what do you mean by written text sent to printer...
The rest:
You put the desired sequence in a file, you send it to the printer ... then ? see above...
I would use an alias for setting the printer, like that you could have a few settings you would call before to print...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating instances of a program

Hi, Presently I have script #!/bin/ksh in which 4 executables are executed as 1,2,3 and 4.Executable 2 is an extract program which extracts records from a table.and executable 4 is a program that updates a database. Currenlty this process takes a hell lot of time and my aim is to reduce the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_johri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a line for printing

Hi All I need to create a report and need some help on the formating side. In this report, I gather information from 2 different files and produce the line. I was looking at having a variable for the full lenght of the line with spaces and using the substr to put the right fields in place. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
3 Replies

3. Programming

problem in creating executable for a client program

Hi, I am trying to run simple client server c program in unix.At the compling stage server is creating an executable but the client is not. below is the link to the source codes: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/server.c http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/client.c ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating simple shell program

Hi, I'm new to UNIX shell programming... can anyone help in doing the following : 1) create a text file named "Model File" having following columns : Name Number Physics Chemistry 2) prompt user to n rows enter the name, number, physics ,chemistry 3) display the entire columns and rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mayuri P R
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically Creating and Printing to Files

Hello, If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to dynamically create files and print to them. Here is the code I have to so far. thanks. if (n < 5000 ) { # do nothing } else { n = 0; filenum++; # out = ("out" filenum); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with creating a simple program!!

i am new to shell scripting!! i am making this program in bourne shell, that asks the user to input "Hello (their name)" or "question (their name)", any other input, "ERROR" will be outputted. if they input "Hello (name)", i want to out saying Hello (name) but if they input "question (name)", i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
4 Replies

8. Programming

Dynamically creating structure in C/C++ program

Hi, For one of the project which i am working on i need to write a cpp code such that it will create the structure dynamically instead of reading it from header file. For example we have a program which is reading a binary file according to the structure mentioned in header file. But we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AmbikaValagonda
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in perl program in printing all the entries

Hi all, I have a perl program where it checks for the presence of a particular line and prints the record if that line is present. But in the output file, all the entries are not being printed even if the entry has that line. The line to be matched is *FIELD* AV. The program which I wrote is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaav06
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New To Unix- Need Help With Bash Commands for Printing

Urgent Help - I have a problem, I need to know how to print a count of files from a specific date that passed and that failed. Additionally, print the name of the files located on the date, print a list of all dates during which a file with a name like 'test' was processed, and then determine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJ 49er
5 Replies
classes.conf(5) 						    Apple Inc.							   classes.conf(5)

NAME
classes.conf - class configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The classes.conf file defines the local printer classes that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is gener- ated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printer classes are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Class name> ... </Class> Defines a specific printer class. <DefaultClass name> ... </Class> Defines a default printer class. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. Printer Specifies a printer that is a member of the printer class. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS classes.conf(5)