Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS mount of Windows NAS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NFS mount of Windows NAS Post 302605145 by twalker0 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 05:29:19 PM
Old 03-06-2012
NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a wait/busy for several minutes but end with an OK. when I try and access the NAS shares I get a "No such file or directory" message. The NAS was part of a domain, but the domain controller died 1.5 months ago, since there was only 1 other windows box in the domain the controller wasn't replaced, this box is still able to map the NAS shares. I have checked the NAS sharing, security, name mapping to the best of my ability, which is very limited. Any ideas for this Unix and Windows dummy?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS to NAS transfer

Hey guys, My servers run Solaris 10. I have to move data from my NFS mount drives into the NAS storage area with all the same permissions ( for the users and programs and everything else). Can any one help me please ?? Thanks. MisterKhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS mount error in windows

I am trying to set a share between windows and an AIX server. I was able to do this to a windows 2008 server. I am now trying to get this to worked on a windows 7 enterprise pc. below is what i get. I have turned off the firewall wall in windows the user is an admin in the pc. same account works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS / DAS / SAN / NAS - Which is best?

i've used only NFS and as many already found out, it can be or rather i should say, it is very unreliable. based on the collective experiences of the members on this board, i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what the next best file sharing method is? is it DAS? SAN? NAS? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)			  System Administration Commands			  scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas - add and remove shared Network Appliance network-attached storage (NAS) quorum devices and change various NAS cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A Network Appliance NAS device can be configured as a quorum device for Sun Cluster. The NAS configuration information consists of: o a device name, which must be unique across quorum devices o a filer name, which defaults to the device name if not specified o a LUN ID, which defaults to 0 if not specified To provide support for NAS devices as quorum devices, the administrator must install the quorum device support module provided by Network Appliance. If this module is not available, scconfprevents the addition of the quorum device. See Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS for instructions about obtaining the support module. Additionally, the iSCSI license must be valid for the Network Appliance device. OPTIONS
The following options can be used for NAS quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to shared disk quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove NAS quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. Before you add a quorum device, you must set up and configure the device and the logical unit number (LUN) on the device to be configured as a quorum device. For detailed procedures, see your Network Appliance documentation. For Sun Cluster requirements of device setup, see Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS. After the quorum device is added, you cannot change the type. Add a NAS quorum device: -q -a name=devicename,type=netapp_nas[,filer=filer-name][,lun_id=0] Change a NAS quorum device's configuration: -q -c name=devicename,{maintstate | reset} Remove a NAS quorum device: -q -r name=devicename The -q option supports the following Network Appliance NAS-specific suboptions: filer=filer-name Specifies the name of the device on the network that you can use to access the NAS device when you are using rsh or telnet. lun_id=0 Specifies the LUN ID on the NAS device that will be a NAS quorum device. The LUN ID defaults to 0. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command adds the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -a -q name=qd1,type=netapp_nas,filer=nas1.sun.com,lun_id=0 Example 2 Removing Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -r -q name=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf-quorum-dev-scsi(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)