Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to find Firmware revision ? Post 302604953 by zigi_p5 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 11:02:17 AM
Old 03-06-2012
How to find Firmware revision ?

I am having a Sun-Fire-T2000 server which is having Solaris OS running on it.

I am not able to find an exact Firmware version. Please suggest something.
Code:
sc> showhost
Host flash versions:
   OBP 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:24
   Hypervisor 1.7.3.a 2009/10/29 15:50
   POST 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:47
sc>

Code:
root@abc:>prtdiag -v | grep -i system
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4v Sun Fire T200

System PROM revisions:
Smilie

Last edited by fpmurphy; 03-07-2012 at 05:32 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

determining miniroot revision

Hi guys I have a bunch of x4100's x4140's etc with solaris 10 update4 running on them but I suspect that when a lot of these boxes were originally built, the jumpstart process used an update2 miniroot, now as far as i understand it, the miniroot used at jumpstart is the miniroot that stays on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. Programming

Revision Control Sw

Hi All, Please let me know any freeware revision control software name and URL. Any response is highly appreciated. OS: Solaris 5.10 Thanks, Naga:cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

4. AIX

find firmware level through HMC

Is there an HMC command to find the attached managed systems firmware level?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with updating date+revision in a file

Hi Gurus, I have a file in which the 3rd line needs to be replaced with 'current date' along with 'revision'. The exact format of the file is like this: $TTL 4h @ IN SOA mo2idns.mnc720.mcc302.gprs. root.mnc720.mcc302.gprs. ( 2011020801; serial YYYYMMDDVV... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find the Latest Firmware

Dear All I have a Sun Fire v440 server. How to find the latest firmware for this server and from where i can download the firmware. What is theprocedure install the latest firmware. please share the process if possible. How can i check the latest firmware of any sun server. Tahnk u... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Revision Control System

We've recently migrated from Unix to Linux, and unfortunately one of the command 'chown' is turned down on the new environment. My dilemma is that whenever a user co (check-out), on new environment, scripts from RCS it overwrites the file ownership from the group ID to himself, and whenever he... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethmj
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find out SPARC server revision number?

WE have a SPARC server which was purchased very long back. (in 1996). Each SPARC Server has a revision number in a format T* (T5, T6, T7..etc). How to find out the revision number of my SPARC server either from OS or by any other way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Revision of script from don

Don, I revised script but when I ran it I did not receive any log. I am not sure what you mean to run it in code tags. I am using a putty session and ssh but I did not get a trace log? Barb ---------- Post updated at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:27 PM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcarosi
2 Replies
prtdiag(1M)															       prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)