Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) UNIX Benchmarks error compiling bm software under Solaris 10 Post 302604677 by ppchu99 on Monday 5th of March 2012 04:11:21 PM
Old 03-05-2012
using /usr/local/bin/make to compile bm source code --

try gnu-make ..still some issues

-bash-3.00# make
Checking distribution of files
./pgms exists
./src exists
./testdir exists
./doc exists
/bin/sh: test: argument expected
make: *** [distr] Error 1
-bash-3.00# which make
/usr/local/bin/make

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling software

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Software

I have a problem, my mate built me a little home server using Unix and after he set everything up he deleted the main compiler so i wouldnt be able to Install/Compile any software... And now i wanted to Install a compiler and i have to compile it... thats like installing winzip from a zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l22
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10

Hi everyone, I have SUn E250 server running solaris 10. I have installed apache 2 + MySQL + PHP-5.1.4 following the guidelines on this website http://meljr.com/~meljr/AMPSolaris10.html Excellent document for first time installation. Now, because I wanted to use Coppermine Photo Gallery, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: callingrohit
9 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling in Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I'm trying to compile a shared library in Solaris running on x86. I get "void value not ignored as it ought to be" error when trying "make". But it compiles fine in Fedora. How can this happen? I think both are using the same type of compiler. What can I do to get around... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerb
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Compiling IRSSI on Solaris 10

How does one go aout compiling irssi locally on a fresh installation of Solaris 10, Out put from ./configure m command /download/1rss1-0.8.12 checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... no checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

compiling netsnmp on solaris 8

Hello all Currently I am trying to install net-snmp-5.5 on a V480 Solaris 8 machine however things are hardly going smooth. I'm running configure will the following options. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mib-modules="smux ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/lmSensors host"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

9. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)