Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting AIX box at home.
Operating Systems AIX Setting AIX box at home. Post 302603973 by uzair_rock on Friday 2nd of March 2012 12:50:41 PM
Old 03-02-2012
Setting AIX box at home.

Hi guys...
I have got a old Aix box i.e. 7043 - 150 for home experimenting purposes. I am having some issues to setup the tcpip on it correctly, so that i can access it within the network and also from outside i.e. work.

My setup looks like this:

Modem ----> Apple airport wireless router -----> AIX Box

I have AIX 5.3 installed on it.

Right now i have my setting like this:

HOSTNAME: testlpar
Internet address: 192.168.1.195 (range is withing my local network)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Network interface: en0

Name server:
internet address: 10.XX.XX.XX (public ip address on wireless router)
domain: (ss.ran.com) (took from wireless router)
Default gateway:
address: 192.168.1.1

I am able to ping to the box from my laptop and vice versa within the network, but whenever im using Putty to connect (telnet or ssh, also within my network) im getting an error unable to connect to host.

Please if anyone can solve my problem, especially if i did the settings right or not?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inetd.conf file = gone on my home linux box

Hi there I'm trying to set up swat on my linux box at home and when i read the man pages on it it says that i have to edit a file called inetd.conf but i did a search like find / -name inetd.conf but it only comes up with this. /etc/linuxconf/archive/Home-Office/etc/inetd.conf find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting Oracle Home

Hi, if i set Oracle home in the command line as export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0; and then checking it by typing echo $ORACLE_HOME,its getting the correct result.But if i try setting the ORACLE_HOME from a shell script by just including the same line as above,it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting up SSH key on windows box.

Hello all. This is my first post so please be gentle. I have a situation where I am trying to run a windows batch file to SSH/FTP from a Windows box to a Solaris server. The batch file is not working because it can not find the SSH key. Does any one know how to set up an SSH key on a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: UofU
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environmental variable for all the users in the box

Hi, I have Sun solaris x64 box in which i need to set a Environment variable for all the users in the box. This Environment varible is used by the application on the box. Could any one please help me in setting the Environment variable. Thanks, Firestar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Setting to SSH home-PC from Work

Hello, My question is very basic for the settings to SSH my home PC from work. Home network two PC: Internet comes into my house through ISP modem and then the two PCs are connected with the router (Trendnet). The IPs for my PCs are How to set other stuffs for me to access my home PC from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a home network for learning Linux

I am working on learning Linux, and somebody suggested setting up Linux on a separate computer, and searching for answers to whatever may be needed, on a different computer plugged in to the Internet. I have a Windows 7 PC, plugged in to a cable modem, and an old notebook, Compaq Presario R3000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
5 Replies
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)