Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so Post 302603924 by codemaniac on Friday 2nd of March 2012 10:10:33 AM
Old 03-02-2012
Try something like

Code:
ps -eo pri,psr,pcpu,stat | awk '{if($3 >= 25)print $0}'

This User Gave Thanks to codemaniac For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email

I have an Solaris 8 machine running a managment application. One of the features of this application is to configure alarm forwarding to an email undress. When i configured the application to do that, it asked me only about the recipient email address. Quesiton: how to configure my Solaris 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email

hi, is there any possiblity to send email from the command prompt, for eg i want to send alert to any mail id like /data/logs is 80% to my hotmail account , xxx@hotmail.com is this really possible,, if not, then what are the prerequistes need to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending find command results to email

This is probably simple so forgive me... I just want to find all files in a folder created within the last 10 minutes... This is easy: # find /home/folder -cmin -10 If the find command locates any files created in the last ten minutes I want it to send an email alert. I just want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gardellap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email attachments

Hello, I've search the forum, but I cannot find an answer to my specific question. I'm trying to send some files to my professor. Upon his request, I used the following: tar -cvf vh.tar vh_part1.c vh_part2.c vh_part3.c vh_part4.c vh_sample_run15.txt uuencode vh.tar vh.tar > proj1 mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venush
2 Replies

6. AIX

email alerts for memory or cpu exceeding thresholds

Hi Guys, I hope this is an easy question: I need some kind of script or an idea how I can convince syslog to send an email to root or someone else once cpu usage exceeds 95% or the memory consumption (maybe via AVM value times 4k) exceeds 85% of my real memory on any of my 700 lpars. We're... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email as background process

Hi All, Solaris Bash v3x I have a script that accepts an error code, and if the error code is not 0 then an email is sent using mailx to details the error. I want to be able to implement the functiuonlity whereby i can send the email in a background process so the script can continue with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
3 Replies

8. Linux

sending an email

I have used an already-built ActiveX control to send email from my asp web pages. One of the parameters I fill is FromName which defines the tittle the recipient will see in the From entrance in his Inbox. Now Iīm trying to use mail to send an email from a Shell but I havenīt found the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RandomAccess
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending output of command via email

Hi all i want to send the output of a command by email, i have done this <comand> | mail -s <subject> <email address> which works well, but if the command retunrs noting then i just get a blank email, is there a way to stop this thanks Adam (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)