Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count files in every directory Post 302603882 by balajesuri on Friday 2nd of March 2012 08:27:52 AM
Old 03-02-2012
Code:
for x in `find /home/ -type d`; do echo -e "$x \c"; find $x -maxdepth 1 -type f | wc -l; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the count of files in a directory

Hi Gurus WHat would be the command to check whether there is a file in particular path or not.. for ex: my file name is ExRate_20071501.csv I can have many files with same pattern but diffrentiated by date.. i have a process where i have to check if files exist in tht folder i have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files in a directory

Hi All, How do i find out the number of files in a directory using unix command ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files lines in a directory?

Hy! I have some problem. Problem is that i don't now how to solve problem of average lines of files in a directory. I have managed to get number of files in a directory, but i don't know the command to count average lines of these files. I have one "for" loop that goes true whole... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidoff
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to count files in a directory

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had an answer for this? thanks, KW (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of files in a directory

what's the script to do that? i want to only count the number of files in that directory, not including any sub directories at all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file to count how many files in the directory

hello there i want to creat a file that count how many files i have in the directory. for this i use the command find . -type f | wc -l > 1In1.myfile the problem with this command is that it not update after i add a new file in the directory. Anyone got any ideas how i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntiPin
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory files and count number of lines

Hello, I'm trying to create a BASH file that can read all the files in my working directory and tell me how many words and lines are in that file. I wrote the following code: FILES="*" for f in "$FILES" do echo -e `wc -l -w $f` done My issue is that my file is outputting in one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the number of files starting with a pattern in a Directory

Hi! In our current directory there are around 35000 files. Out of these a few thousands(around 20000) start with, "testfiles9842323879838". I want to count the number of files that have filenames starting with the above pattern. Please help me with the command i could use. Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of subset of files in a directory

hi I am trying to write a script to count the number of files, with slightly different subset name, in a directory for example, in directory /data, there are a subset of files that are name as follow /data/data_1_(1to however many).txt /data/data_2_(1 to however many).txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
12 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)