Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ALOM Not Responding to logins Post 302603859 by christr on Friday 2nd of March 2012 07:25:26 AM
Old 03-02-2012
That's actually exactly what we're planning to do. I was just curious if others have run into this before, or knew of any work arounds without having to power off and pull the power cables.

Having to power off and pull power cables is a nightmare in a highly controlled environment.

thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

escape from alom

No, its not a movie, its a command to get you from the sc> ALOM prompt back to the console or ok prompt. You must log into the ALOM, then to jump back to the console enter "console -f". Problem is that this leaves you logged in on the ALOM. Question: is there an escape key sequence to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to connect to alom

Hello Guys, I am working with sunfire V480 and wants to know how to connect to alom. Can you please guide? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How disable alom?

hello guys.... I'm newbie in solaris server / os, anybody know how disable alom server v240. thank u (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Reset ALOM from OS

Hi guys, I'm in trouble with a Sunfire T2000. The OS (Solaris10) is up and running, but I can't log in the sc>I think the terminal server is crashed! Does anyone know if I can reset the sc> from the OS? How can I do that? Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Resetting ALOM

Hi gurus, I have a sun netra 240 server. I want to get to the ALOM but it always ask for login and password. Can anyone tell me how I can reset the ALOM it to default so I can be able to configure it? Thanks lots. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

ALOM - Console -

Hello forum, I have a SUN v250 at home that I have to practice Solaris. I currently have Solaris 9 installed and the ALOM Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.2. From the ALOM I want to access the console. sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. after that there is no response.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
19 Replies

8. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies

10. Hardware

Alom ?

Hi all, I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server. We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proof_enrique
8 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)