Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: color print using perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting color print using perl Post 302603397 by balajesuri on Thursday 1st of March 2012 12:45:20 AM
Old 03-01-2012
Obviously, in a text editor you'll see the raw formatting code that make text bold and beautiful.
Try cat c1.txt and you'll see what you want.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print in color

I have a short code below: awk 'NR==1 {printf "'$information'-MYDATA-'$information' \n"} {print $0}' data.file > newdata.file I want the "information" color in RED and MYDATA in BLUE. How can I do it? Please help!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the Format header in perl in different color

Now here is the problem how to get the Format header in perl in different color. format RPT_TOP= DINISO EXECUTION REPORT @<<<<<<<<<<<<< AGAINST SEOPACTUAL Page : @>>> $TODAY,$%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating color palette using awk or perl

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone have tried creating a color palette or table using awk or perl using a range of values. thanks for any suggestion in advance. 0-0.1: purple 0.1-0.2: blue 0.2-0.3: green 0.3-0.4: yellow 0.4-0.5: orange > 0.5: red Happy holidays,:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to print color text in AIX?

Hi I'd like to print color text and I've tried this: echo "\033but it didn't woked. When I changed 0 --> 1/4/5, the text "HI" --> bold/underline/blink, but when I changed 31 or 33 to other values, the color didn't change. What's the problem. Need to install something ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
Pod::Text::Overstrike(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Pod::Text::Overstrike(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Text::Overstrike - Convert POD data to formatted overstrike text SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Text::Overstrike; my $parser = Pod::Text::Overstrike->new (sentence => 0, width => 78); # Read POD from STDIN and write to STDOUT. $parser->parse_from_filehandle; # Read POD from file.pod and write to file.txt. $parser->parse_from_file ('file.pod', 'file.txt'); DESCRIPTION
Pod::Text::Overstrike is a simple subclass of Pod::Text that highlights output text using overstrike sequences, in a manner similar to nroff. Characters in bold text are overstruck (character, backspace, character) and characters in underlined text are converted to overstruck underscores (underscore, backspace, character). This format was originally designed for hard-copy terminals and/or line printers, yet is readable on soft-copy (CRT) terminals. Overstruck text is best viewed by page-at-a-time programs that take advantage of the terminal's stand-out and underline capabilities, such as the less program on Unix. Apart from the overstrike, it in all ways functions like Pod::Text. See Pod::Text for details and available options. BUGS
Currently, the outermost formatting instruction wins, so for example underlined text inside a region of bold text is displayed as simply bold. There may be some better approach possible. SEE ALSO
Pod::Text, Pod::Simple The current version of this module is always available from its web site at <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/>. It is also part of the Perl core distribution as of 5.6.0. AUTHOR
Joe Smith <Joe.Smith@inwap.com>, using the framework created by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2000 by Joe Smith <Joe.Smith@inwap.com>. Copyright 2001, 2004, 2008 by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-26 Pod::Text::Overstrike(3pm)