Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logical expression in POSIX compliant Korn Shell Post 302603054 by ysrini on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 03:07:37 AM
Old 02-29-2012
The box is HP-UX 11.11

Code:
echo $SHELL

Version M-11/16/88f

$
Code:
whereis ksh

ksh: /usr/bin/ksh /usr/dt/man/man1/ksh.1 /usr/dt/share/man/man1/ksh.1 /usr/share/man/man1.Z/ksh.1

$
Code:
 ksh

Version 11/16/88

What's the latest recommended version of Korn shell (and POSIX compliant) that I can use?

Thanks,
-srinivas yelamanchili

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical AND in shell commands

Hi:confused:, I have a file that contains : +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ LABEL: super1_fix EFIX FILES: 1 ABSTRACT: epkg for touch command PRE-REQUISITES: no PACKAGER VERSION: 7 REBOOT REQUIRED: no BUILD BOOT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Logical Expression in an AWK statement

I'm would to create a script that would give me the results below. Please note the spaces in the log file are actually commas(",".) Log file Data 0:00 21:15 899 43 31 12 25.39 0:00 21:20 736 34 19 15 35.39 0:00 21:20 776 41 28 13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested logical expression in bash shell

Please tell me how to nest logical expressions in bash. I would like to nest logical expressions for arguments of the "test" command on bash. The following pseudo-code shows my intention. // pseudo code if (exp1 AND (exp2 OR exp3)) { Output true; } else { Output false; } ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution inside of a variable expression (AIX, KORN)

Hello all. This is my first post/question on this site. I’m a new Systems Analyst with previous experience with BASH. Although now I'm using AIX, and I’m trying to get a feel for the Korn shell (for those of you that don’t know AIX only uses the KORN shell). I hope I put this into the correct... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logical OR in shell script

I have code as follows to perform some validations on C++ and Javascript files: if || || ; then However, when I want to add other extensions as well, say "py" or "sql", then the repeated OR starts to look contrived. I know I can use the -o operator to abbreviate the code a little bit, but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is Rule 7 of POSIX shell grammar rules written correctly?

The POSIX shell standard grammar rules are at Shell Command Language I am trying to understand Rule 7 and I don't. I think there may be some mistakes there. I am not complaining about the standard; rather, I am concerned that my perception is wrong, and I don't understand something important.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_Galeck
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pure POSIX shell scripting...

Hi all... This is more of a concensus question than help... As many of you know I am experimenting with the limitations of Pure POSIX shell scripting. Q: Is the directory /bin considered part of the Pure POSIX shell or must I stick entirely with the builtins only? The reason is I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent to let command in POSIX shell

Hi all, I am learning POSIX shell programming, and the book I read, uses the let command for integer arithmetic. I have downloaded and use the shellcheck program on Linux. This programs says: In POSIX sh, 'let' is undefined. See the screenshot attached. What is the POSIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnprogrammer
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: Is SQRT(n) possible in a POSIX compliant shell? A: Yes within limits.

Hi all... This is just a fun project to see if it is possible to get a square root of a positive integer from 1 to 9200000 to 6 decimal places on a 64 bit architecture machine. It is coded around dash and the results show the values from 0 to 10000. Complex numbers can easily be catered for by... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Generate a random number in a fully POSIX compliant shell, 'dash'...

Hi all... Apologies for any typos, etc... This took a while but it didn't beat me... Although there are many methods of generating random numbers in a POSIX shell this uses integer maths and a simple C source to create an executable to get epoch to microseconds accuracy if it is needed. I take... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)						 1						 MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_param - Binds variables to a prepared statement as parameters

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_param (string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_param (mysqli_stmt $stmt, string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Bind variables for the parameter markers in the SQL statement that was passed to mysqli_prepare(3). Note If data size of a variable exceeds max. allowed packet size (max_allowed_packet), you have to specify b in $types and use mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3) to send the data in packets. Note Care must be taken when using mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) in conjunction with call_user_func_array(3). Note that mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) requires parameters to be passed by reference, whereas call_user_func_array(3) can accept as a parameter a list of variables that can represent references or values. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $types - A string that contains one or more characters which specify the types for the corresponding bind variables: Type specification chars +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Character | | | | | | | Description | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | i | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type integer | | | | | d | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type double | | | | | s | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type string | | | | | b | | | | | | | corresponding variable is a blob and will be sent | | | in packets | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $var1 - The number of variables and length of string $types must match the parameters in the statement. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); $stmt->bind_param('sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("%d Row inserted. ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement and connection */ $stmt->close(); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ $mysqli->query("DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", $mysqli->affected_rows); /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("%d Row inserted. ", mysqli_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement and connection */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ mysqli_query($link, "DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: 1 Row inserted. 1 Row deleted. SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_bind_result(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)