Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find and Replace based on a list Post 302601290 by itkamaraj on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 09:49:24 AM
Old 02-23-2012
Code:
sed -i "s/$a/$b/g" Master

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace based on other file

Hi All, I need an enlightenment. I have a file that some field need to be replaced. sample : fileA.txt abc,4#cik#221,text abc,4#kus#343,text ... ... what I need to replace is the "cik" and "kus" field to their fix value. I have another file : fileB.txt that has value of "cik and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunimi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace based on values in an file

I have a file in which I want to do multiple find and replace of strings. For a single replace I can implement: sed -i 's/old/new/' <input_file> I have a second file that contains the old and the new values like the arbitrary example below: old new xyz pqr ab 756 rst pqr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace - pattern-based

Hey folks! I am new to shell-scripting, but I have a problem that I would like to solve using a script. I create very large html forms, used for randomized trials. In these forms, each question is supplied with a variable that looks something like this: PROJECT_formNN Where NN is the question... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roevhat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a column based list from a string list

I have a string containing fields separated by space Example set sr="Fred Ted Joe Peter Paul Jean Chris Tim Tex" and want to display it in a column format, for example to a maximum of a window of 100 characters And hopefully display some thing like Fred Ted Joe ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace values using a list from a file

Hello Guys. I have a very big file where I need to change some values according a list on other file. The following file is were I have the values to be changed. The field where I need to replace the values is File_Nb : File1.txt Obs_Report_Result : # ===== (5)... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string based on entries on another file

I have a file1 with different with multiple fields and records File2 has 2 fields. I want to find and replace strings in file1 based on file2 values (I Want an exact match i.e. for example: when searching for DT:3, Substr of DT:34 should not be matched) File2: DT:3 foo_err DT:34 bar_frr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Linux command for find/replace column based on specific criteria.

I'm new to shell programming, I have a huge text file in the following format, where columns are separated by single space: ACA MEX 4O_ $98.00 $127.40 $166.60 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YUL TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YYZ TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ADZ YUL TS_ $300.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find list of missing files based on the file format?

Hi All, In the file names we have dates. Based on the file format given by the user, if any file is not existed for a particular date with in a given interval we should consider that file is missing. I have the below files in the directory /bin/daily/voda_files. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
9 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)