Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I need a database and a plan of attack! Post 302600954 by vbe on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 01:25:06 PM
Old 02-22-2012
Need to clarify a bit:
1000 CD, OK
4000 records ( or files) per CD, but of one or many stations? (this can make things more hard...)
etc...

20 stations, OK
recording over 8 years...
How did you copy them on the linux box? per station? per year? Are they in subdirectories? what is the structure?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plan

i want to make a program run when a person types 'finger USERNAME', username being my username. how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

401 Keg Plan

If you had purchased $1,000 of AIG stock one year ago, you would have about $40.00 left. With Lehman, you have about $6.00 left. With Fannie or Freddie, you would have less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, and had drunk all of the beer, then turned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

an advice regarding backup plan

Hi all i'm looking for good advice regarding backup plan becuase its first time to me handle large scale database expected to grow up 10000 - 20000 record per year with daily operations on it I'm working as sysAdmin in educational organization ( junior level ) with mixed OSes environment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

4. AIX

Plan to shutdown servers

Hello everyone I need to shutdown all my servers and my storage. I would like to hear your opinions about this. This is my little plan about all this. 1.-Stop the applications 2.-Stop the webservers 3.-Stop the ihs 4.-Stop the databases 5.-Verify no process are running 6.-Close the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Plan to Buy a New Laptop

It is time for me to buy a new laptop computer and i was searching the net for the last few days looking for one. The results haven't really been satisfying and i thought you might have information i lack - if so, i'd be grateful for sharing it with me and the probably interested audience. What... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cpio Restore didnt go to plan

Hello folks, one of the RAID drives in our SCO system crashed recently and being hot swap it was replaced. Problem was that on boot it stops at: Checking protected password and protected subsystem databases.... First I did #authck -a and checked /etc/auth/system/ttys as per instructions in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redstar
7 Replies
radio(1)						      General Commands Manual							  radio(1)

NAME
radio - console radio application SYNOPSIS
radio [ options ] DESCRIPTION
radio is a interactive, ncurses-bases console radio application. OPTIONS
-h print a short help text. -d enable debug output. -q quit after processing the cmd line options, don't enter interactive ncurses mode. Only useful together with other options for obvi- ous reasons ... -m mute radio. -f freq tune the specified radio frequency (and unmute the radio). -c dev specify radio device (default is /dev/radio). -s Do a scan for radio stations. -S Same as above + write a radio.fmmap with the signal for every frequency. You can get a graph for it with gnuplot (plot "radio.fmmap" w lin). -i Scan, write a initial ~/.radio file to stdout and quit. So you can create a config file where you only have to fill in the correct station names later this way: "radio -i > ~/.radio". See below for the config file syntax. CONFIGURATION
radio picks up station names and present stations from a config file. It can parse kradio (KDE radio app) config files, therefore it first tries the usual KDE config file location: ~/.kde/share/config/kradiorc. Failing that, radio tries ~/.radio (which makes things a bit easier for people who don't use kradio). The format looks like this: # KDE Config File [Buttons] 1=95800000 2=91400000 [Stations] 100600000=Hundert,6 95800000=Radio eins 102600000=Fritz 94300000=r.s.2 91400000=Berliner Rundfunk The [Buttons] section can have up to eight entries. That are the present stations, they get mapped to F1-F8. The [Stations] section maps frequencies to station names. The frequencies in both sections are specified in Hz. KEYS
X exit ESC,Q,E mute and exit. up/down inc/dec frequency pgup/pgdown next/previous station. This one uses the stations from the config file by default. When started with the -s option these keys will cycle througth the stations found during the scan. F1-F8, 1-8 preset buttons. Ctrl+L redraw screen. AUTHOR
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2001 Gerd Knorr This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. (c) 1998-2001 Gerd Knorr radio(1)