Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve Post 302600771 by rangarasan on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 04:14:30 AM
Old 02-22-2012
find

Hi,

can you post sample input of makefile( contains file name) ?
it contains only file name or information along with file name.

Code:
egrep -e '\.(c|cxx|h|hxx|sc)$' makefile

Here i am assuming that make file contains only file name.

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW TO CHECK ONLY .C FILES EXISTS OR NOT IN A FOLDER using IF in C shell script?

Hi friends.. I hav a problem.... I dont know how to check .c files exists r not in a folder using IF in C shell script actually i tried like this if(=~ *.c) even though some .c files or there in the current folder..it is not entering int o the if control statement...... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.hemadrireddy
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standardization of input source data files using shell script

Hi there, I'm a newbie in unix and am fishing for options related to how raw input data files are handled. The scenario, as I'm sure y'all must be very familiar with, is this : we receive upwards of 50 data files in ASCII format from various source systems - now each file has its own structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat Khos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to check for files

Hi, I am trying to write a script for following scenario: I have a list of countries from where I receive files...eg. (Indonesia, Thailand, Australia...etc) For each country, I have a list of files that they send. IND -- a,b,c TH -- p,q,r AU -- x,y,z The path for these files could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)