Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting listing directories and sub directories with time and name options Post 302600403 by shanmu on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 03:29:00 AM
Old 02-21-2012
please try this

Hi nomadvisuals,

Please try this,

Code:
find `pwd` -type d | xargs ls -ld | awk '{print $4,$5,$6,$7,$8}'

with Chears Smilie,

Shanmu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files and directories listing

Hello: I need to list some files into some directories ordered by size. i need help! BEst regards Alberto (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbolson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing directories and ${1:+$1/}*

Hi I have 2 questions: Q1 - What does ${1:+$1/}* mean? I guess it lists all files in current directory - Could any one explain how this expression works? Q2 - I am trying to list directories only in current path - I know that ls could be used but I thought I'd give find a try. I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing Unique directories.

Hi, Simple question. If i could find a file been listed in many dirctories, how to get the unique list of directories. find / -name "abc*" --> will give me list of directories. /home/abc.txt /home/ddd/abcd.txt /home/ddd/abcde/txt So how to get /home /home/ddd Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing directories and sub directories

Hey there, i am trying to list all the directories and sub directories of a file system, but am having a bit of trouble. ls -lR|grep \/|grep '^\.' >> input.dat i used this statement to list all the directories and sub directories and output them to a file when i try to print them out on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinxor
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing of directories with / ...not to use ls -F

Hi When im listing (ls -al ) its listing directories without / at the end of directories dir1 dir2 dir3 and i need to list directories with dir1/ dir2/ dir3/ and this should not be made by command ls -F / should be embedded at the last since one of the scripts reads directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing of directories with / at end...without ls -F

Hi When im listing (ls -al ) its listing directories without / at the end of directories dir1 dir2 dir3 and i need to list directories with dir1/ dir2/ dir3/ and this should not be made by command ls -F / should be embedded at the last since one of the scripts reads... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing directories alone

ls lists all files and sub directories in the current directory but how to list only the sub directories and not the files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing directories and subdirectories

How can list the directories and the subdirectories in a folder. It is possible with a single UNIX command. For example i have a folder named "archive" and another folder named "0808" and then multiple folders are there ... Can i list all the directories and subdirectories in the folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing directories and sub directories

Hi, I am trying to get the following output: -(0) /home/<user-name>-(1) ..........a-(2) ....................codetest-(3) ..............................oracle-(4) ..............................unix-(5) ........................................dir1-(6) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qasim
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing non empty directories

Hi Gurus, How to list directories that are non-empty and non-hidden Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)