Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris: Expanding / Extending a mount point / Slice Post 302600297 by Spaseman on Monday 20th of February 2012 04:48:51 PM
Old 02-20-2012
Thanks again!! when you say 'new_LUN', do you mean cxtxdxsx? Can I do this while its in production? Will it take anyone or anything offline?

Thanks!

Spaseman

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount point lost

hi , I was applying patches after that when i reboot i get these message. I did not do anything other thatn this. Now i am unable to start my oracle . Tell me how to solve this These are the error messages forceload of /drv/rdriver failed /drv/rdmexus failed ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover mount point

A disk was sliced into 6 slices with m01 being the mount point for one of the slices. This mount point was deleted with rmdir (ie. rmdir m01). What is the easiest way to recover this mount point? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: here2learn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't mount slice

Hey guys, This is how I originally had my drive setup... This is on a solaris 10 box ***BEFORE*** Current Disk = c0t1d0 Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 7506 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

5. Solaris

extending /var in solaris 10

Hi all, i need to extend /var file system on my solaris 10 box /var is part of rootdg current size 2GB Required size 6GB layout mirror veritas 4.1 solaris 5.10 pls let me know the steps and the procedure to follow. regards Ajay S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
2 Replies

6. AIX

Creating a new mount point

Hello, I have an AIX Oracle database server that I need to create a new filesystem/mount where I can create a new ORacle home to install 11g on. What are the needed steps to create this? There are mounts for Oracle 9i and 10g already. Thank you. - David (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
7 Replies

7. Solaris

how to mount back the slice 7

Hi, i encounter problem during middle progress of mirroring. i trying create a mirror (metainit) to my slice 7. Who's have any experience, can you please help me? i tried create a state database replica "metadb -afc1 /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs7" but at it show it cannot create caused /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
2 Replies

8. Linux

Expanding slice

Hi all I am testing backupPC as a backup solution for machines, as far as i knew, backuppc cannot combine more than storage from different slices so it have to be in one slice my question is, what is the easy way to offer a virtual logical drive expanded/expandable to backuppc, i mean i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

9. Solaris

import lun data to mount point - Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have EMC Storage and from this storage I have maped lun5 to Sun Solaris server and I have created on this lun mount point with name /application I have anothere Sun Solaris server and I'll colne lun5 to lun10 from storage level so the data of lun5 will be in lun10 how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
FSSYNC-DEBUG_OFFLINE(8) 				       AFS Command Reference					   FSSYNC-DEBUG_OFFLINE(8)

NAME
fssync-debug_offline - Brings a volume offline (FSYNC_VOL_OFF opcode) SYNOPSIS
fssync-debug offline -volumeid <volume ID> [-partition <exact partition name>] [-reason <sync protocol reason code>] [-programtype <program type code>] [-help] fssync-debug of -v <volume ID> [-pa <exact partition name>] [-r <sync protocol reason code>] [-pr <program type code>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fssync-debug offline command brings a volume offline. OPTIONS
-volumeid <volume ID> Specifies the numeric volume ID. Volume names are not permitted. -partition <exact partition name> Specifies the exact partition name (e.g. /vicepa). Abbreviations are not permitted. -reason <sync protocol reason code> Specifies numeric sync protocol reason code. Available codes are listed in OpenAFS source file src/vol/fssync_inline.h. For SYNC_REASON_NONE, use -reason 0. -programtype <program type code> Specifies program type code. Permitted values are fileServer, volumeUtility, salvager, salvageServer, volumeServer and volumeSalvager. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have write access to the file server. Usually, this means that the issuer must be the local superuser "root" on the file server machine. SEE ALSO
fssync-debug_attach(8), fssync-debug_detach(8), fssync-debug_callback(8), fssync-debug_online(8), fssync-debug_leaveoff(8), fssync-debug_error(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Davor Ocelic <docelic@spinlocksolutions.com> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Davor Ocelic for OpenAFS, based on documentation from Steven Jenkins, Tom Keiser and Simon Wilkinson. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FSSYNC-DEBUG_OFFLINE(8)