Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Inquiry for Automatic Sending Post 302600192 by vbe on Monday 20th of February 2012 09:52:10 AM
Old 02-20-2012
Your question is too vague to be able to get pertinent answer...
Be more precise:
Is it a particular file you need to monitor for update? If so how is the update done?
At what interval will you be checking for change?
etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic House keeping in UNIX

I have a directory called 'test' which contains many junk files. I want to automate the clean-up task by removing all files which are older than one month. What would be the best option? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic Tape Back-up under UNIX

Hi guys and gir.. emm hey guys! (only kidding girls) I have been asked to provide a tutorial on how to perform an automatic back up (to tape) for 23 sun sparc workstations networked using an ethernet setup under the UNIX operating system. Sounds easy enough to you... I've never ever seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maross
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix automatic file transfer

Hello, I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area. Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday? Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagem
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uniX iNQUIry from a newbie

hi, i would like to study unix but i don't have the software for me to test the scripts that i read from the book and from the internet. I would like to ask anyones help to please tell me link wer i can download for free the unix system. I would be glad to receive your replies. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

automatic mail sending

Hi all, I want to send an e-mail automatically from linux machine to any other domain like wise gmail.com or yahoo.co.in. We have MSexchange server as a mail server. How to send e-mail from command line to other mail-IDs via exchange server. Please help.. Thanks advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokkumar.p
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam04
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX inquiry for 'awk'

Hello Everyone, May I ask for your help regarding one of the UNIX command “awk”. So I executed a script and the output looks like this (see below): output.txt CONTRACTNAME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_huskie
3 Replies
help(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   help(1)

NAME
help - Provides information for new users SYNOPSIS
help DESCRIPTION
The help command presents a one-page display of information for new users. Information is available for the following topics: Concatenat- ing or displaying files Editing lines interactively Sending and receiving mail Reading system messages Changing password file information Identifying current users of the system Sending messages to the other users on the system Displaying the contents of directories Viewing information on the Source Code Control System Setting terminal modes SEE ALSO
Commands: cat(1), ex(1), finger(1), ls(1), mail(1), mailx(1), passwd(1), sccshelp(1), tset(1), who(1), write(1) help(1)