Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing SAMBA problems
Operating Systems AIX Installing SAMBA problems Post 302599988 by zxmaus on Sunday 19th of February 2012 08:13:37 PM
Old 02-19-2012
What error did you exactly get? Package not found ? Try to do an inutoc . in the directory you have copied the file into

Regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba PROBLEMS

i am run SUSE 6.4 with apache that i built and maintain to serve my dads website, (www.farragutmarine.com for anyone who cares) anyway i am running samba and i have a huge problem, throughout the day, everything goes fine, but then my server will come to a grinding halt, if i try to telnet in or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing samba-tng suite

Hello all I am trying to install sara-sans(http://www.cisecurity.org/top20.htm) on a Solaris 9 server. The process highly recommends the installation of samba-tng suite. In the process of installaing samba-tng, "./configure" went smooth. After that while trying to 'make', it is stopped with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installing Samba on AIX 5.3

Hello, I need assistance installing Samba on AIX 5.3 TL06. Smitty Install produces the following error message: Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwXY -J" -Z -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgray71
5 Replies

5. Solaris

installing samba on solaris 8

i am a rookie so please give every detail... i need help installing samba on my solaris 8 (intel) box so i can share with WXP box. i can get online, but can only see websites as outline\text form but managed to download "samba-latest.tar.z" is this correct? and what is next step to get it up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flir11
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing SWAT to administer Samba

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5.2 for a specific reason. Anyway I would really like to use SWAT to administer Samba. Samba is currently installed and working almost successfully however SWAT would make life a bit easier. I have tried rpm -ivh samba-swat but it can't find the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drag0n
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba 3.6.5 install problems

Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5. I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure. I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattymatt79
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Baffled by problems with ssh and samba

I have made a complete botch of trying to install both ssh and samba, having followed numerous tutorials - all claiming to be easy to follow and stating that it is easy. The last attempt @ ssh was going really well until the copy id stage roy@roy-1011PX:~$ ssh-copy-id -i /home/roy/.ssh/id_dsa.pub... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
8 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
The cupsaddsmb program exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configuration, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the Windows printer driver files described below. SAMBA CONFIGURATION cupsaddsmb uses the RPC-based printing support in SAMBA to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure the SAMBA smb.conf(5) file to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. MICROSOFT POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS The base driver for Windows 2000 and higher is the Microsoft PostScript driver, which is available on any system running Windows 2000 or higher in the %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863 folder for 32-bit drivers and %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSX643 folder for 64-bit drivers. Copy the 32-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory and the 64-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64 directory exactly as named below: ps5ui.dll pscript.hlp pscript.ntf pscript5.dll Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the lowercase filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. OPTIONS
cupsaddsmb supports the following options: -H samba-server Specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. -U samba-user[%samba-password] Specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. If the username contains a percent (%) character, then the text following the percent is treated as the SAMBA password to use. -a Exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. -h cups-server[:port] Specifies a different CUPS server to use. -v Specifies that verbose information should be shown. This is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SEE ALSO
rpcclient(1), smbclient(1), smbd(8), smb.conf(5), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 11 June 2014 CUPS cupsaddsmb(8)