Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find: ignore directory completely Post 302599978 by nwb123 on Sunday 19th of February 2012 05:27:45 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Ah, thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find File copied completely or else ...

In Unix, I am having one file getting copied to some directory. Which command will help me ensure, that file is not completely copied to the disk? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I ignore certain dir while using find? solved.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I've got a problem while using find. I know there is a way to do it in man find which is something like find . -wholename './src/emacs' -prune -o -print it works but i also want to use -daystart, -mtime, -type on it and i dont know whats the sequence of these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquaraider
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I use my code to gather information from a file in a completely different directory?

I need my code to compare two different files that are in two completely different directories, How can I do this? So for example, my code will look at file1 which is in my home directory, and compare the files with those from file2 that is in /abc/adf/adr/afc/adf/file2... does that make sense? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: castrojc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with ignore directory

Dear All, I am using find command find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/ the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO i want to ignore mice***_PO directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

7. SCO

Grep to ignore suffix & find end of line

In COBOL, a hyphen can be used in a field name and in a specific program some field names would be identical to others except a suffix was added--sometimes a suffix to a suffix was used. For example, assume I am looking for AAA, AAA-BBB, and AAA-BBB-CCC and don't want to look at AAA-BBB-CCC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Ignore Access issues

Hi, I am using following command to find a specific file. find . -name "find*.txt" -type f -print I am issuing that command at root directory since I don't know in which sub folder that file is getting created from some other process. As I am not having access to all directories, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RameshCh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore .txt in find script

Hi i am really new to linux scripting and i need a little bit help. i have the following script: find "/usr/share/nextcloud/data/__groupfolders" -type f -mtime +14 -exec rm {} \; but i don't want to delete everything. I want to ignore .txt files. How can i do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frederic
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find ignore directory

I am using aix. I would like to ignore the /u directory. I tried this but it is not working. find / -type f -type d \( -path /u \) -prune -o -name '*rpm*' 2>/dev/null /u/appx/ls.rpm /u/arch/vim.rpm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)